How can I get my WP 8.1 calendar to open?

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
WP 8.1 Calendar won't open

Hey everyone.

For the past two weeks, anytime I try to open the calendar app on my HTC 8x running 8.1 on Verizon it starts to open and goes right back to the previous screen.

This also happens when I try to access an app from Simple Calendar

I can't add or modify appointments and it's getting quite frustrating. I have searched the forums for a solution, or a way to re-install the app with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 Calendar won't open

Hey everyone.

For the past two weeks, anytime I try to open the calendar app on my HTC 8x running 8.1 on Verizon it starts to open and goes right back to the previous screen.

This also happens when I try to access an app from Simple Calendar

I can't add or modify appointments and it's getting quite frustrating. I have searched the forums for a solution, or a way to re-install the app with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Uninstall simple calendar and try

eko_p

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

once I experience extreme error on my phone and lots of app won't open...even hard reset doesn't solve my problem :( to fix it I have to use recovery tools and reinstall my phone firmware.

even though I'm forced to flash my phone I'm surprised I don't lose any data at all :) lots of app have capabilities to backup their data to cloud

hedrek

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I've had a similar problem on my Surface RT. Also with mail. As soon as I try to enter something it flashes back to the start screen. Frustrating is a good word.

jmkid

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if it will help you but check out this post:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpapps/windows-phone-81-calendar-app-broken-where-do-i/7be68d62-55ee-4eb8-a86d-1d79f1b09f82

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb