Can I get some help with some Various problems I am having with my Lumia 520 after the latest update?

Bogdan Gheorghe

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Various problems with Lumia 520 after latest update!

Hi guys,

I have a Lumia 520 running WP Denim (8.10.14219341).
I got this update about 2-3 months ago and since then I experienced some weird issues, some of them that I already experienced before start manifesting more often.

As I stated in another post (it seams I cannot find it right now), After I installed WP8.1 DevPreview, after a certain update (not sure what version :( ), my phone started to get stuck and sometimes would restart while listening to music (the default Xbox Music app) or shortly after.

Some time ago this problem seamed to disappeared and thought it was fixed but now, after I installed Denim, it start happening again and it occurs more often now.

Moreover, the Data Sense app start acting weird and it does not measure the traffic correctly, it either goes way ahead (100MB+) or it falls behind (-50MB). And I wouldn't have noticed this if it weren't for the huge bill I received 2 months ago.

And as if this isn't enough, every now and then I keep getting an SD card error and I'm asked to scan it. I did this of course and nothing was found. And since this kept on appearing, I changed it with a brand new one and I got the same warning right when I turned on my phone.

Oh, every now and then, the battery is drained extremely fast. With WP8, my battery would last about 2 days with about 2-3 hours a day of 3G and music (from home to work and back). Now with the same behavior, it lasts about a day. But in some cases, with no app opened, in those 2-3 hours I get from 100% to 60-50 percent :|.

I tried soft reset but no luck. And I would prefer to solve this without a hard reset (if possible)

Now I disabled the Preview For Devs app and I was considering trying WP10 when it's available on Windows Insider for my Lumia but I'm not sure if I should anymore.

Any thoughts? This is driving me insane...

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Various problems with Lumia 520 after latest update!

I suggest staying on 8.1 for now since wp10 is still in Beta/Alpha stage (bugs, annoyances, instability ect)

As for the Sd card try formating it on a PC and put it back in (also is it a class 10 card? they perform faster)

Your phone may restart because its hot, if all else fails use the Lumia Software Recovery tool to flash it (deletes everything). Lay off the PfDeveloper.

If its still bad, you might want to flash it back to win 8 (google TUTORIAL
UNBRAND (FLASH) LUMIA DEVICES) its a XDA site.