Hi all, i'm a crackberry addict but I'm toying with the idea of switching my phone and WP is the main one i'm considering.

Being a BB person for so long though, there is some stuff I have become accustomed to (like being privacy minded) that I would like to ask the experts about. These aren't critisisms of WP, just concerns I have. Here's a few questions I have:

1) I saw on a friend's device, everything asks for location sharing. Like EVERYTHING. Applications that seemingly had no place needing location information wouldn't install if you didn't permit them. What's with that? Also, there didn't seem to be an application permission area?

2) Is there something like the BB hub? On the device i saw, I was shocked that I could see just as many messages on my tiny screen that he could on his nice high res screen. How can you fit more messages / alerts on the screen? The text was set to smallest and there is still so much wasted space.

3) Is there a way to supress alert information from the lock screen? e.g. on bb10 you can set the device to show no specific information apart from sender or time, to protect you from prying eyes when your device is locked.

Thanks for your time.
    04-03-2015 03:49 AM