Will adding a picture to my Favorites put it onto my phone?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to make a picture accessible on my phone, without access to the Internet. Will adding it to my Favorites save it to my phone? The reason why I ask is because I've taken a job which requires me to commute quite far away via train. My ticket for the train is sent to me as a .JPG file. So I can put it onto my Photos area on my phone. Then I thought maybe it would be easier to get to if I saved it as a Favorite. But ultimately I want to know does this save the .JPG file onto my phone?

I'm using Windows Phone 8.1 with the Denim update, on my Lumia 928.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I want to make a picture accessible on my phone, without access to the Internet. Will adding it to my Favorites save it to my phone? The reason why I ask is because I've taken a job which requires me to commute quite far away via train. My ticket for the train is sent to me as a .JPG file. So I can put it onto my Photos area on my phone. Then I thought maybe it would be easier to get to if I saved it as a Favorite. But ultimately I want to know does this save the .JPG file onto my phone?

I'm using Windows Phone 8.1 with the Denim update, on my Lumia 928.

What "Favorites" are you referring to? If it is not in your phone, then there's no way to view that photo offline.

Here's what you can do:
1.a. Save the picture in your phone, preferably in the "Saved Pictures" folder. This is the default location for images that are downloaded directly to your phone, e.g. when you browse the net in your phone.
1.b. If the photo is downloaded to your laptop, just copy that image into your phone in the Phone/Pictures/Saved Pictures folder. Optionally, you could rate this photo with 5 stars already so that it will automatically be considered as a Favorite once you transfer it to your phone. Skip Step 2 if you already rated the photo with 5 stars in your PC.
2. Tap on that photo in the Photo Hub in your phone and tap on the heart icon at the lower right of the screen. This will classify the photo as one of your Favorite photos.
3. You should then see that photo under the "Favorites" section in your Photo Hub, making it easier to find - presuming you don't have a lot of other favorite photos.

Any other photo that you've set as a favorite in your Photo Hub will appear under the Favorites section*.

*- As well as all the photos you've copied to your phone that has a 5-star rating in Windows Explorer.