Asus VivoTab Note 8 Random Shutdown **Power Button issues?

jb_lking

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello there,

I got an Asus Vivotab Note 8 around 4 months ago and for some time now, i've noticed something weird, sometimes I'im using it for like 25 minutes and then press the Power button to turn the screen off (Sleep) and then around 30-40 minutes afterwards press same button again to use it and find out that its completely Off.

Aside from that, dont know if its related or its normal, but sometimes after a long period of sleep I press the Power Button get it out of sleep and a few seconds later I get the "Slide to Shutdown" screen, this has happened a few times now, I thought i mistakenly pressed for too long, but now im pretty sure i just pressed once.

Another thing is that around 2 or 3 times since I bought it I've seen a "You just plugged/unplugged an audio device" notification that shows up when I connect headphones on the 3.5mm jack.

Since the 3.5mm audio jack and the power button are fairly close, I'm starting to think this may be a hardware issue. But wanted someone else's opinion before sending it for warranty.

I'm running Windows 8.1 (installed all updates at that time), did a system restore 1 month ago, and have windows updates turned off.

regards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs