SD card

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Problems with sd card
Scan SD card and fix errors
whether it is to my cell phone or the bags in WP8.1.

Welcome to Windows Central.

This has happened to the SD Card in my L535 a week ago. Unfortunately, for most SD Cards, once it starts to encounter errors, there is no way to reverse it. The best and safest solution is to get a new SD Card.

NokiaL530

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central.

This has happened to the SD Card in my L535 a week ago. Unfortunately, for most SD Cards, once it starts to encounter errors, there is no way to reverse it. The best and safest solution is to get a new SD Card.

How did you resolve the Issue?
Which sd card to buy?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
How did you resolve the Issue?
Which sd card to buy?

I resolved the issue (with minimal damage to my app data) by:
1. Moving all the apps that I can to my phone storage from SD Card X (the error-inducing card)
2. Removing SD Card X and inserting SD Card New
3. Moving all the apps which I have just moved in #1 to SD Card New
4. Removing SD Card New and Re-inserting SD Card X
5. Repeating Steps 1 to 4 until all apps have been moved to my new SD Card.

Simply copying and pasting all the contents from one SD Card to another doesn't work.

It's been months since I had my L535 - it's now with my sister - but if I remember correctly I got her a 16GB Sandisk. Although phones are designed to accommodate much more than 16GB cards, I intuitively feel that it's wiser/safer to purchase an 8GB or 16GB card - since as implied by Moore's Law there is a physical limitation to amount of memory that can be jammed into such a small space and that as more memory is jammed into cards that keep getting smaller and smaller the memory tends to become more volatile/unstable.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Every card there this bug?

Whether it is the system problem, and if so why windows team does not fix the problem?

No, it's not a system problem and not all SD Cards have that problem... but definitely SD Cards are prone to having that problem in relation to Moore's Law and the inherent instability in jamming a lot of memory into a small physical space. Unless the card is really "good", then instability can be expected from it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720