I've been facing weird issues with my Lumia 1020 from the last couple of months. Some apps do not work. They throw errors which indicate that the phone is not connected to internet. I'm facing this with these apps.. Mytube!, Plash and Starsports app.

I've started facing these issues from the time I ve tried that Chinese hack for upgrading my 1020 to WP 10 TP. I've tried resetting my phone completely thrice and haven't restored any of my previous settings, but I continue to fave the same issue with the above three mentioned apps. Its the same with Wi-Fi and data connection. I've tried with many other Wi-Fi spots, no luck. I'm able to use metrotube, tubecast perfectly fine.

This issue drove me crazy for sometime and eventually I just gave up on it. After a long time I gave these apps a try today and same issues again.

What's wrong!!??
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-06-2015 10:54 AM
    I've been facing weird issues with my Lumia 1020 from the last couple of months. Some apps do not work. They throw errors which indicate that the phone is not connected to internet. I'm facing this with these apps.. Mytube!, Plash and Starsports app.

I've started facing these issues from the time I ve tried that Chinese hack for upgrading my 1020 to WP 10 TP. I've tried resetting my phone completely thrice and haven't restored any of my previous settings, but I continue to fave the same issue with the above three mentioned apps. Its the same with Wi-Fi and data connection. I've tried with many other Wi-Fi spots, no luck. I'm able to use metrotube, tubecast perfectly fine.

This issue drove me crazy for sometime and eventually I just gave up on it. After a long time I gave these apps a try today and same issues again.

What's wrong!!??
    By "resetting your phone completely" did you mean that you used the Lumia Software Recovery Tool? If "yes", then it seems that the hacking that was done has caused the issues you're experiencing, probably some corrupted sectors in the drive or board as a result of installing software that wasn't designed for the hardware.

If "no", you may try using the LSRT.
    04-06-2015 01:30 PM
    I haven't used LSRT yet, i guess that's the only option left. Have considered it previously and felt too lazy to complete it. I ll give it a try over the weekend.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-06-2015 08:13 PM
    First thoughts - Windows 10 Technical Preview is exactly what it says. It's not going to be bug free. And whatever the settings were you changed to get it to install on an unsupported device aren't likely to have helped much.
    ​I'd just revert the device back to whatever state it was in before changing anything.
    04-06-2015 08:59 PM
    I've never upgraded it, I initiated the hack but never downloaded the TP. So I'm still on 8.1
    04-07-2015 02:52 AM
    I haven't used LSRT yet, i guess that's the only option left. Have considered it previously and felt too lazy to complete it. I ll give it a try over the weekend.
    Let us know what happens.
    04-07-2015 05:10 AM
    All is well after resetting using windows phone recovery tool. Upgraded to 10. ;)
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-21-2015 01:31 PM