Email not syncing on windows phone 8.1

btech30

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
In my house we have 4 windows phone. Three of them are not syncing emails since this afternoon. Is anybody else experiencing the same issue? What's happening with Microsoft account servers? It gives error 85010014. Please help!

Allen Brandt

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this out for the past few hours. I'm getting error 86000206

And Office, OneNote and ONeDrive are all working just fine. It's only the Outlook service

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Me too. My Mail app in Windows 10 10049 is also unhappy.
​On the phone, if the server name is something like blu45-m.hotmail.com, I'd try changing it to just m.hotmail.com and restart the phone.
​Or wait for MS to fix it (although their status page currently says there's no issues).

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to MS support chat. They finally know about and said its their end. So hopefully it'll be resolved soon. I'm going on 24hrs with no sync.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You should still be able to browse to m.hotmail.com or outlook.com/owa in the browser. It may even render in a usable fashion.

Allen Brandt

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
since last night, the outlook.com service has been down (status.live.com)
still not working, so it's impossible to check.

Hotphil: I'm able to use the browser to check messages and see the calendar, and I've pinned to the start screen as a workaround; thanks for the suggestion. You're right-it's beer time

HopefullyHelpful

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
This is posted on status.live.com:

"Current status
This page reports on known incidents affecting Microsoft services. If you're experiencing a problem that isn't shown here, please report it.
Running normally Microsoft account Running normally
We're aware that there might be some problems with this service. Outlook.com
We are aware that users of the following mail clients are experiencing issues syncing and sending email. We are working on the issue and expect resolution in the next 24 hours. - Windows Live Mail - Outlook Connector - MSN Premium client. - Windows Phone 8.1 - Windows 8 Mail Client
Last updated 08 April 09:53 "

kikcentral

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue, but what worries me: I cannot sync my Outlook.com account. But why can't I sync my personal mail account which not on Outlook.com, not even from Microsoft? Do all These mail syncs go via MS Servers?
edit: forgot to mention, my Modern Mail app on Windows 8.1 syncs my non-MS Account propperly, just my Windows Phone does not!?
edit2: sorry for this, just found the issue: had my Outlook.com mail account and my personal non-MS one connected on my phone. After disconnecting them and a reboot my non-MS account syncs again while the outlook.com account still does not.

Last edited:

Jen Kieffer

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
In my house we have 4 windows phone. Three of them are not syncing emails since this afternoon. Is anybody else experiencing the same issue? What's happening with Microsoft account servers? It gives error 85010014. Please help!

Yes, having the same problem since yesterday afternoon. Same error number as you. Hope they address it soon.

Allen Brandt

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Here's the official word from status.live.com: (and going on shince last night)

We are aware that users of the following mail clients are experiencing issues syncing and sending email. We are working on the issue and expect resolution in the next 24 hours. - Windows Live Mail - Outlook Connector - MSN Premium client. - Windows Phone 8.1 - Windows 8 Mail Client April 08 12:34 AM
Updates We have rolled out a fix to address this issue. The fix will take time to resolve and we expect all services to be fully restored by later today Pacific Time. Impacted users can continue to access email via Outlook.com and any unaffected client. April 08 1:11 PM

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Still down for me....
Gotta love a windows phone that can't get windows branded email. :(
​There are some workarounds. It might have been earlier in this thread, but someone suggested changing the account to POP.
​Or browse to outlook.com in Internet Explorer (or your browser of choice).

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I had the same problem on my windows phone up until last week. It started to work again after not pulling mail in over a week.

I didn't do anything to make it work despite numerous resets and fiddling with mail settings. It just started working on its own.

Dantomjenk

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm kind of glad to find others having this problem. The only solution appears to be to wait. Then it unaccountably fixes itself. And then just as randomly breaks again. Most annoying. And more so because my Android device always works perfectly. Hardly an encouragement to go completely Microsoft. Is there a fix in sight? Will W 10 fix it? BTW I did once wonder if it was something to do with the way it picks up the date and time ie it gets stuck thinking time has stopped. But I'm not techie and that's probably b*ll*cks.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I know this is a windows phone thread but when i originally replied to this thread I had a windows phone. Now I'm using Windows 10 Mail app and ran in to the same error. This morning I changed my DNS address on my router and presto! All of my mail poured right in to my mailbox!

Just thought I'd throw my new findings to you guys and hope it helps in some way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven