Lumia 520 Recovery Tool issue. Phone not working now. Will I ever be able to access my phone?

Raghuram Puram

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 520 Recovery Tool issue. Phone not working now.

Hi,

I tried restoring my Lumia 520 by downloading the Nokia Lumia Recovery Tool. after downloading the required file(1.5 GB), the phone screen showed Red background with NOKIA on it. Then I lost connection to the internet and the application screen showed an error and didnt move further.

My phone is not working now. no matter how hard i tried, am unable to switch it on.
I tried removing the battery and placing it again. It didnt work either.

Could you please help me in solving this issue, whether I need to take her to a store? Will I ever be able to access my phone?

Thanks much!

Raghu

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 Recovery Tool issue. Phone not working now.

I suspect your phone ran low on battery during the process... And no, the USB port on your computer really doesn't supply enough power during this kind of operation if the battery is low to start.

Plug into the factory charger for an hour or two and avoid pushing any buttons. See if the phone boots, even just to the red screen and try the tool again.

You also stated you used the "Nokia Lumia Recovery Tool" and there is no such thing. I don't know what software you are referring to. You also do not say if you are trying to revert to 8.1 from the Insider preview of 10.

If reverting from 10, use the first tool on this help page, otherwise use the second...
How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Rodrigo,

You leave no detail to base any help on.

It says L520 in the title... Is that your phone model?

What did you do before the phone stopped working? What have you tried to fix it? Are you trying to revert from 10? Which tool did you use? What happened when you used the tool? Does the screen come on at all? If the screen does come on what does it look like? If the screen does not come on have you tried charging it for one hour or more? How many times did you try the tool?

Give us something to work with...

Rodrigo Almeida1

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

I updated my Lumia 520 to Windows 10 mobile. But due to continuous lag I decided to roll back to Wp8.1 using Windows phone recovery tool. It as usual downloaded 1.5Gb software and then started installing it on my device(Phone display turned red and there was installation progress bar). But after 6% installation "Error came on pc software written failed or something like that. Usb disconnected." Though i dont remember the exact words,but it meant this only. So i again started the installation an it started again from fresh. But same thing happened after 3% it again failed. And i again tried restarting the process but now my phone is dead completely. Recovery tool isnt able to discover my phone. I have tried following but nothing worked.
->Soft/hard Reset since the phone isnt turning on. No vibration
->Connecting phone with Nokia emergency connectivity driver but still recover tool isnt able to read my phone.
->Using lumia recovery tool LSRT. But it says my device isnt supported.
->Charging my phone for about 1 hour.Nothing

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

There is a lot of this going around. People trying to revert from 10 experience this issue and it is not clear why at this point.

You could try searching for Nokia Care Suite and the hacks that go into getting retail support on your desktop. However, researching this issue down that corridor shows me many dead ends as well.

I hate to say it, but either repair (which on a 520 gets to cost more than the phone) or a new phone...

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
there are 2 different tools.
You need windows phone recovery tool for lumias with WP 8.
Nokia care suit is for older models, don?t use it for the L520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3