Lumia 525 recovery tool not working after Windows 10 preview, how can I fix this?

Octav Avram

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 525 recovery tool not working after windows 10 preview

Hello guys! I have a really big problem. I have tried windows 10 on my lumia 525 and apparently its too buggy so i did what i saw here on wpcentral and used the microsoft recovery tool. it downloaded the software, it started installing but apparently something didnt go well at all. now when i open my phone i only get the nokia logo on a brown background. when i plug it in the pc the windows recovery tool just says this: error.png
if i cancel it and try again it says this:
uefi.png
if anyone knows how can i fix this pls help me asap, i dont know that to do and i really need my phone.
thank you!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 525 recovery tool not working after windows 10 preview

Hello guys! I have a really big problem. I have tried windows 10 on my lumia 525 and apparently its too buggy so i did what i saw here on wpcentral and used the microsoft recovery tool. it downloaded the software, it started installing but apparently something didnt go well at all. now when i open my phone i only get the nokia logo on a brown background. when i plug it in the pc the windows recovery tool just says this: View attachment 101799
if i cancel it and try again it says this:
View attachment 101800
if anyone knows how can i fix this pls help me asap, i dont know that to do and i really need my phone.
thank you!

do a hard reset of your phone first. then attach the phone to lumia recovery tool and try again. maybe a bug with wp10 TP is causing this error. ;) good day.

Octav Avram

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

i cant do the hard reset. i cant get into the os, i tried a hard reset (hold down volume down button after it vibrates at power up) but it doesnt work either. any more suggestions? :D

shlomo v

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

I got stuck with the WPRT. Try the old one
[copy this to your address bar 'cause I'm new and it won't let me post links] download-fds.webapps.microsoft.com/supportFiles/phones/files/recovery/LumiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

Octav Avram

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I also have problem with my Lumia 525 after Windows 10 upgrade..
View attachment 113478

hi! i dont remember actually how i did it but something worked for me back then. it was a nokia tool that was pushing the firmware in the phone. so the program was asking for your phone model, asked you to place the firmware and then it did the rest. i am sorry but i dont know what was its name. i had to do that 3 or 4 times cuz i was getting stuck at some point in installation but every time was getting closer to finish. search for that tool. i think it was a video about a lumia 720 or something that was teaching you how to do it. im sorry i cant help you any more. best of luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6