After recovery (using LSRT), can't change to original OEM language, why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After recovery (using LSRT), can't change to original OEM language

B"H I managed to restore my Lumia 520 to 8.1 latest stable release, using Lumia Software Recovry Tool) but apparently I lost my original language's firmware since I can't change back to Hebrew interface (I know, language>add language<hebrew. Gives me the word "Hebrew", not anything else. The hebrew keyboard is already there)
Is there a way to use LSRT to get the original firmware?
Thanks

shlomo v

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
After recovery (using LSRT), can't change to original OEM language

B"H I managed to restore my Lumia 520 to 8.1 latest stable release, using Lumia Software Recovry Tool) but apparently I lost my original language's firmware since I can't change back to Hebrew interface (I know, language>add language<hebrew. Gives me the word "Hebrew", not anything else. The hebrew keyboard is already there)
Is there a way to use LSRT to get the original firmware?
Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: After recovery (using LSRT), can't change to original OEM language

Did you already check for "phone updates" it is possible that you need to download some language files.

shlomo v

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Thanks but it's not it. I think the variant has changed after the WP10 technical preview upgrade and then rollback. When I opened the language settings, I got UK English and Persian. Seems like they think I'm Iranian or something.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks but it's not it. I think the variant has changed after the WP10 technical preview upgrade and then rollback. When I opened the language settings, I got UK English and Persian. Seems like they think I'm Iranian or something.

If that happened then it is a very strange glitch.
Are you sure your 520 in a country variant Israel.
To check this go to extras+info
Check what your "Mobile operator" is.
It should be 000-IS

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Is it possible that you bought it in a shop that may have had the Iranian Country Variant, but had set it up with Hebrew Language, Keyboard etc. before resale?

shlomo v

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

I bought it in Israel with Hebrew support. This is what I have now
wp_ss_20150413_0001.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

So the 000-55 is a "Generic" Middle East Region...
Capture.JPG

...with no assigned Country Variant.
Capture02.JPG

Most likely it was set up with Hebrew either before Import or by the Israeli distributor or by the retailer you purchased from. They may even have flashed an Israeli ROM on to it. I have no way of knowing that from here.

Myself I have a generic Latin America Region 1520 marked Operator 000-22. It comes preinstalled with Espanol (Mexico) Language and keyboard. If I use a recovery tool it reverts to that. The reversion to Persian :)D) is exactly the same for your Regional Variant. It returns to type designated by hardware which the Recovery Tool reads. The Recovery tool won't change your type, but if type was changed earlier, it will revert it to correct type.

However, I have no issues installing alternate Languages or Keyboards on my 1520.

Best case scenario : a Hard Reset or another run with Lumia Software Recovery Tool will restore your ability to download and designate as default your chosen display language and keyboard.

Alternatively: Return to the retailer and see if they will flash an Israeli ROM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss