Has anyone else noticed that if you have your headphones or a line out plugged to your phone and you have a notification sound that the notification sounds comes through the phones speaker and not through the headphone or whatever the phone is connected to ?
    This is annoying especially when the whole purpose of you having headphones plugged in is to not have noises and sounds from your phone disturbing others. This happens especially with whatsapp. This has been going on for a while and still no fix from Microsoft. Anyone else experienced this ?
    prasath1234 likes this.
    04-12-2015 02:42 PM
    No one else ?
    04-13-2015 11:48 AM
    Yes, I just updated to 8.1gdr1 using insider program over the weekend no w10. I also noticed this has well was listening via headphones and got notification notice but it came through speaker has well.
    Not sure what it could be causing the issue. But I do not use whatapp, do you have same problem in other apps doing the same.
    04-13-2015 11:51 AM
    Yea. Facebook messenger and other apps does the same as well. But what is strange is that this happens sometimes with calender notifications too, but not as much. Weird.
    04-13-2015 11:55 AM
    I will dig around the forum and see if I can find anything like this. What phone are you using.
    04-13-2015 11:58 AM
    A Nokia Lumia 930.
    04-13-2015 12:11 PM
    Similar issues look like may need to soft reset.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...hone-jack.html
    04-13-2015 12:19 PM
    Oh this isn't a bug. The notifications sounds come out of the speaker and phone. It has been a feature for a while now. It is so that when you leave your headphones in and you leave your phone somewhere, you can still hear the notification. I do wish that Microsoft could make this feature an option though, it makes it really hard to be discrete
    Corepc and prasath1234 like this.
    04-13-2015 12:27 PM
    Oh this isn't a bug. The notifications sounds come out of the speaker and phone. It has been a feature for a while now. It is so that when you leave your headphones in and you leave your phone somewhere, you can still hear the notification. I do wish that Microsoft could make this feature an option though, it makes it really hard to be discrete
    Lol. Feature ? Really ? Wow.
    I can understand the logic but the whole point of me having the headphones in is so that I wouldn't use my phones speaker. This defeats the purpose to me.
    This really gets annoying as of late. Especially when amongst people and I need my phone to be quiet while listening to music or something.
    04-13-2015 12:36 PM
    Thanks, I understand the logic behind it. But Ms should make it an option to turn on or off.

Anyways if I miss something while away from phone. Isn't that what live tiles and notification center is for.
    04-13-2015 12:42 PM
    Thanks, I understand the logic behind it. But Ms should make it an option to turn on or off.

Anyways if I miss something while away from phone. Isn't that what live tiles and notification center is for.
    Exactly. Good feature but poorly implemented. I don't get Microsoft sometimes.
    04-13-2015 12:45 PM