Is there an app to help write stories?

RoryOswinOswald

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have tons of short story idea going round and round in my head but I have never been good at getting them down on paper. I seem to lack important skills when it comes to writing, like understanding proper grammar and punctuation. I know how to spell, so I guess that's a plus but I need something that isn't going to write it for me or give me ideas, but help me correct my grammar and punctuation.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Office Word makes all kinds of suggestions as you type. Not just as a spell checker, but Grammar and Sentence Structure as well as Punctuation.

I'm on Office 2010 and it really is much improved over previous versions.

Mind you, it is still geared toward business correspondence and need not be followed stringently on all suggestions when writing creatively. For instance if you write as a narrator who uses dialectic speech patterns it will have a fit. You'll quickly grock when to listen to Word and when not to as you get more practice.

The best tool is you. Practice. Set aside a period of time to write each day or two and stick to it even if you get very little done. Train your brain that "now is the time to write it out." Join a forum dedicated to the types of things you are interested in writing about and try posting some stories and getting some feedback.

If you rely too much on mechanics your writing will feel mechanical to the readers.

rodney0905

May 30, 2011
Visit site
OneNote works pretty well for these sort of things. This is where it would be nice to have some of the apps the iPhone has. It has a ton of apps made specially for this.

ON will allow you to have separate notebooks for ideas, stories, etc. I love it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs