Stuck in apps corner. power button just turns phone off

sparrrow

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I just got my 8xt and have been playing with the features. I tried turning on apps corner to test it out. I THOUGHT I exited out of it when I was done and went about my business. Later I tried to use cortana and it said "Sorry, but your company policy prevents me from working". I also realized some settings and programs were missing (like apps corner and kids corner). Apps corner is still pinned on my start menu though, but when i click on it it just returns me to the start screen. I also can't long-press on apps in the apps list and uninstall...the only choice is "pin to start".

I tried several ways of holding power button down and/or swiping right, left, all ways, and all I can do is unlock the phone or power off.

Any other suggestions? Do I need to factory reset? I hope not because I just got things set up the way I like them...

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Says, to exit apps corner, press and hold power and swipe right... So I'm not sure why that's not working

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150414_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150414_0001.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 1

sparrrow

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I did try that a few more times. I finally gave up and hard reset the phone. Now everything is back to normal. Will be leaving apps corner OFF.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss