My Lumia 730 was dropped in water and now its not working properly, can I save it??

bajajchirag123

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
my lumia 730 was dropped in water and now its not working properly

my lumia 730 as dropped in water .but only the upper portion of the phone got immersed in water(till the rear camera area) . i immerdiately took the phone out of the water and removed the sim mmory card n battery. tried to remove the water by shaking n used a dryer. after 2-3 hrs I swiched it on, it worked but its kept on switching of every 2 min and also the wifi was not working. please help me out:p and what about the warranty if I take it to the service center

bajajchirag123

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: my lumia 730 as dropped in water and wno not working properly

that's not a way. rice has to come in contact with water to absorb it. I I tried it as well:p

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my lumia 730 as dropped in water and wno not working properly

that's not a way. rice has to come in contact with water to absorb it. I I tried it as well:p

Not necessarily, it just has to be nearby since rice absorbs moisture.

Here's a good resource, its an Android site, but applies to any mobile phone independent of OS.
So you got your phone wet... what can you do to try and save it? | Android Forums

Also, you didn't wait long enough.
Something shorted I bet, without hardware repair, the best we can hope for is a semi-recovery.

I doubt it will be fixed under warranty since it covers manufacturing defects, not destruction by the end user.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: my lumia 730 was dropped in water and now its not working properly

I always love hearing the rice thing, makes me chuckle every time.
For the op, leave the handset somewhere dry and warm for three or four days to let it dry out.
Your warranty is unlikely to cover accidental water damage (and there's stickers inside the device that change colour once wet so any service centre will know what happened to it, even if you tell them something else).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my lumia 730 was dropped in water and now its not working properly

When there is water in the phone it is always good to try and mix some electricity into it repeatedly by insisting it will run now, it will run now, it will run now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3