I thought for sure MS would take the opportunity of this Build to make some kind of acknowledgement that they were at least working on a top end phone...didn't really expect a lot of detail regarding availability of said device, but apparently I was wrong. I know this Build is mainly for devs but c'mon who wants to develop without knowing that there will be a device that might attract a lot of interest from the avid phone people. MS has yet to introduce a flagship and they have had plenty of time. I am really glad anticipated their antipathy towards a high end phone and recently got a 1520 before they are all gone. I love the windows phone os and everything going on in software development in general but the real reason I joined this site was because of the phones, which continue to be treated as an after thought by MS
    04-29-2015 09:47 PM
    It is indeed bizarre. Satya's mantra of "cloud first, mobile first" seems to only relate to services, not devices. Which is a shame.
    fiveaces01 likes this.
    04-29-2015 09:55 PM
    They had said many times flagships in the fall/late summer when windows 10 hits RTM, and //BUILD/ is for developers (and enthusiasts) not the general public and device announcements. But we will hear more on the mobile space of things at keynote 2 tomorrow.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-29-2015 10:16 PM
    I think the Continuum piece demonstrates that, while nothing specific was announced, there will be one hell of a device - or devices - coming down the pike.
    04-29-2015 10:31 PM
    Still 2 days to go...
    Someone at build will hear something then leak a rumor for tease purposes.
    04-30-2015 12:00 AM
    I am holding out some hope for just that sort of announcement or leak ...after all they have used this stage to announce devices as recently as last year
    04-30-2015 09:05 AM