Help needed regarding app

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There is no App Manger like that in Android.

Can you tell us what you want to do? There's a lot of functions built into WP that may work for you.

gr8gizmoguru

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Just want one app that will enlist all my installed apps, informing me the space it consumes, uninstall button and a link to the marketplace.
Actually I had Hike messenger installed in my Lumia 520 but after 8.1 update, i cannot find it in my applist. Its there as when messages come I can read n reply from the app thru notifications, but if I close it, I lose it again.also I can get updates when its available in marketplace and even updated once but cannot find it anywhere. Its not showing in Storage Sense also cannot see when I connect it to Pc. What should I do.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Just want one app that will enlist all my installed apps, informing me the space it consumes, uninstall button and a link to the marketplace.
Actually I had Hike messenger installed in my Lumia 520 but after 8.1 update, i cannot find it in my applist. Its there as when messages come I can read n reply from the app thru notifications, but if I close it, I lose it again.also I can get updates when its available in marketplace and even updated once but cannot find it anywhere. Its not showing in Storage Sense also cannot see when I connect it to Pc. What should I do.

OK, let's clear up a couple of things first.

All apps on WP are sandboxed. This means that you do not have any access to them via a PC or any system files for that matter. Only specific folders.

Sometimes things go a bit funny with an update. Unfortunately the only way to solve this is usually with a hard rest. However, you could look to do a soft reset first to see if that may fix your issue with the app.

Soft reset -> hold down power button and volume down until the phone vibrates. The phone will restart. Make sure the date and time is correct after the reset.

No data is lost doing this.

Another thing to try is using the App Store. Click on the Store tile on your phone -> tap ... then tap My apps. A list of all the apps you have installed will display. Find Hike Messenger and see if it will let you do anything.

If that doesn't work then you may need to hard reset. Which means you should backup everything. If you're reluctant to do this then you may be stuck with things being as they are.

As far as I can tell there is no app manager like you want on WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes