05-15-2015 04:32 PM
32 12
tools
    ^ kind of late, but any chance you also maintain iOS versions of your apps?
    If you do, it would be preferable to use them as your starting point.
    neo158 likes this.
    05-05-2015 10:48 AM
    Here are my answers:

1. I'm having a look at your apps now but it might also be good to have a quick look at Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom) to see if there are any gaps that you might be able to fill (that's the store I see in a web browser so yours might be different).

2. Apps and games, both are good. Any apps I download would have to be useful to me, games would have to keep me engaged.

3. Either are good but there is a third option which is free with ads and an IAP to remove them, that seems to be popular as well.
    05-05-2015 12:43 PM
    ^ kind of late, but any chance you also maintain iOS versions of your apps?
    If you do, it would be preferable to use them as your starting point.
    Negative. I reject iOS like an evil step mother in a Disney film.

... in actual fact it's because I don't have any Mac hardware anymore. I built one app for it, it sold miserably, and I've been paying my iOS development fees using BlackBerry app sales ever since.
    a5cent and prasath1234 like this.
    05-05-2015 01:14 PM
    Here are my answers:

1. I'm having a look at your apps now but it might also be good to have a quick look at Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom) to see if there are any gaps that you might be able to fill (that's the store I see in a web browser so yours might be different).

2. Apps and games, both are good. Any apps I download would have to be useful to me, games would have to keep me engaged.

3. Either are good but there is a third option which is free with ads and an IAP to remove them, that seems to be popular as well.
    Good feedback, thanks :). Your absolutely right about #3, IAP is the current model everyone's using. It certainly can bring in serious cash to developers.
    05-05-2015 01:15 PM

I was able to finally build and test two games on my lumia running 8.1 last night. But they were both quite sluggish. I'll have to make some tweaks to get them playable.

But one step closer :)
    GGreat stuff. (my phone is doubling the first letter????). There are often devs in the forums asking for beta testers, so I would encourage you to do likewise. It will give you a broad range of devices for your software to be tested on.

Not sure what markets you intend on selling in, but there is a user on WC that actively offers to help devs get apps into the South American Windows Phone Marketplace. From what I have gleaned, it is actually a very simple process, and just requires minimal effort from you.

One more thing, for me, achievements are a big selling point. Be nice to see them, but I imagine it would need a little more work when making the games.
    05-06-2015 04:19 PM
    Sorry for the silence. I was approved as a PlayStation developer this week. So I've been busy getting ready for the change :). Still reworking a few games for WP.

The good news is my fav one has achievements and unlockables
    Laura Knotek and peachy001 like this.
    05-08-2015 10:05 PM
    Nice one, and best of luck with any platform that you develop for.
    05-15-2015 04:32 PM
32 12