05-15-2015 10:29 AM
62 123
tools
    Just also found it and updated my previous post.
    No problem, I did try looking for a list of features for the Alpha and Beta versions but couldn't find anything. I did check the Wikipedia page and it certainly does list the UK version as an Alpha.
    Harrie-S, Laura Knotek and a5cent like this.
    05-11-2015 01:39 PM
    ^ let us know if you ever find that list! I've given up looking 😉
    Laura Knotek and neo158 like this.
    05-11-2015 05:50 PM
    ^ let us know if you ever find that list! I've given up looking
    I think that the only thing to do is create our own list on here.
    a5cent likes this.
    05-12-2015 01:28 PM
    After searching on the net, I think I can safely say that the only feature list is on the wikpedia page. Below is the link
    Features in Cortana - Wiki
    05-12-2015 06:55 PM
    I have never known any of the big US companies not favour the US

MS, Google & Apple do it, so no difference between the 3, MS has just joined the party late so their features are in less countries at the moment
    05-13-2015 03:38 AM
    FYI word flow is more then a keyboard and a dictionary.
    Microsoft's new Word Flow keyboard is the best smartphone text entry system | ZDNet
    That said I totally understand that you want it.
    I still don't understand what more they need that they don't already have? (what more is it, yes it can predict the next word but so can my non word flow keyboard)...
    05-13-2015 05:20 AM
    Does any one know if the Calendar Format issue still persists in WP 8.2 and WP 10? (if that is fixed i can just tell WP that i live in the US when i get a new phone and all will be fine as thats the only problem iv had so far..)
    05-13-2015 05:24 AM
    I have never known any of the big US companies not favour the US
    You misunderstand. Nobody has an issue with a US company releasing in the US first.
    The difference is that both Google and Apple are far quicker to roll out their services world wide, particularly to smaller countries.
    05-13-2015 07:43 AM
    That is a good question--honestly, I think only if you can alleviate those region-specific issues.

For the same reason I wouldn't recommend anyone (even if you're one of the >1% of the computer using population who owns a Mac PC) get an iPhone in Taiwan. Apple's Taiwanese support outside of "that one guy who runs the authorized Apple retailer" is hilariously abysmal. I don't think we have a single official Apple store either (to be fair, there are only 23 million people in Taiwan, and we're only one of the most wired populations on the planet). It's hilarious when you think of how many of Apple's primary subcontractors are Taiwanese and how much money Apple pays them for their work. And forget about Siri (though that's not uncommon in many parts of the world).

WP is comparatively lax about letting you use other region's and language settings, so try that out and see if that helps. If not, no one could fault you for trying a better option.
    05-13-2015 08:12 AM
    After searching on the net, I think I can safely say that the only feature list is on the wikpedia page. Below is the link
    Features in Cortana - Wiki
    That list doesn't compare the features of the Alpha and Beta versions though.
    a5cent likes this.
    05-13-2015 11:50 AM
    You misunderstand. Nobody has an issue with a US company releasing in the US first.
    The difference is that both Google and Apple are far quicker to roll out their services world wide, particularly to smaller countries.
    Ok, my mistake on that point

As for Google/Apple quicker at rolling out, does anyone have any figures as examples

When was Google Now launched and how long did it take to get rolled out to many countries
    Same for Siri and same for Cortana

What about Google Play, is this now available for everyone (Music, TV, Movies & Apps)
    05-13-2015 12:15 PM
    Thanks for the feedback and indeed even if you have it that does not mean it's "useful" or "flawless" and continues updates/improvements are needed.
    And to further complete my list,
    US, Canada, Australia and China have the Beta version. ("most" advanced)
    Spain, UK, India, France, Germany and Italy have the Alfa version. ("least" advanced)
    Rest of the world has nothing or they have to change the region to get a version with all the additional cons.
    Nah, Oz has the alpha. The only functionality it has other than searching by voice is weather and news, it's horrendously bad.
    05-15-2015 10:29 AM
62 123