Why is my Cortana live tile only showing weather conditions?

wvigotty

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Cortana live tile only showing weather conditions

Hi. I have Windows Phone 8.1 (Nokia Lumia 925 and Nokia Lumia 920) and the Cortana live tile on both are only showing weather conditions. I have other interests such as entertainment news, top news stories and they were showing on the live tile up until this weekend. Now only weather conditions show. I haven't changed any interest settings, so I don't know why only weather conditions show. I have another app for weather and it has a live tile so I don't need or want to see weather conditions on Cortana's live tile. Does anyone know why this is happening or what I can do to fix this? Thanks.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana live tile only showing weather conditions

It might be because you have choosen that weather in your interests while setting up. I guess it even I see as like you too but I get news updates also.

wvigotty

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

I just removed weather from interests and now nothing will show on live tile. I have entertainment and top story news that should show.

wvigotty

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

I just found the answer to my question on another site. Cortana was updated over the weekend and now will only show weather conditions.

Cortana Live Tile updated with new Weather animation

The Cortana team is always updating their digital agent, and the latest feature, rolling out over the last week, has been an update to Cortana’s Live Tile which surfaces the weather better.

The tile will now show a small animation of the weather e.g. raindrops falling and flips to show the temperature and an abbreviated weather report.

Nam3d

May 5, 2015
Visit site

Thanks was just looking for this myself, will wait for future update then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12