Bluetooth Heart rate monitor for WP8.1?

Phil Bradburn

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I want to get a heart rate monitor that will work with my Lumia 640. I will be using it when I run and ideally with Striver (Strava app).

Anyone recommend one?

Phil Bradburn

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I want to get something that is continuous and not sampled, and that doesn't use LED because apparently its not reliable during exercise. Besides my wife won't let me buy one lol

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't argue the LED usage for determining heart rate if that's a deal breaker, but Heart Rate Monitoring is continuous during a workout mode--like the Bike mode. I'm not sure of other options that provide continuous heart monitoring, sub-200$, and integration with Stravia, though, that can also last two day's charge.

Waggy1948

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I have been looking at the Microsoft band 2 and I think they have stopped making them. They seem to be $200 to $600 and I do not know why the price range for the same unit. I read that the battery cannot be replaced, so when it stops working after 1000 charges the unit is no good. I am not sure how long the Microsoft phone will be here, so I would like to find a way to get my Lumia 604 to work with a heart monitor that maybe will last more than 3 years. I would love to find an app that would let my iPhone app run on Windows 10 phone. I had a heart monitor that worked with my iPhone, then I moved to the Lumia 640 and the heart monitor does not work with Windows 10.