Files do not refresh in windows explorer from windows 8.1 device over usb. Access denied

Honda273

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I wrote a program on Windows 8.1 Embedded that scans items barcodes. It then creates text files in the documents folder containing logs and data about the items scanned.

Those files will eventually then be uploaded to a PC to be processed by a program on the PC.

The problem is, when I plug the device into the PC none of the files update/refresh within windows explorer (such as a log file or the files I'm creating to upload) even though I know for a fact the files are growing in size as I use the device while its plugged in.

I have to unplug the device and then plug it back in via USB to see the new file size with the newer data than the last time it was plugged in.

I also get an access denied error if I have the device the plugged in and the program grabs one of the files to write to it(even though I release the file after writing to it). I can even unplug the device, plug it right back in and access the file I just got access denied on.

Why are my files not refreshing in windows explorer on the PC, and why am I getting access denied errors when trying to access files on the device from the pc?

any ideas?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism