Shocked

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I have an Insteon home automation system, which is excellent, affordable and operates beautifully. However the Windows phone app leaves a lot to be desired. I was shocked when, for fun, I loaded the iOS app on my 5 year old iPhone 4. The app on this dinosaur worked better and had so many more features than on my 1520! What a farce

Please take a moment to email Support@Insteon.com
as they informed they will update the Windows phone app if enough people complain about the "needed updates to the app"
Thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I would take to Twitter or some other social media site rather than here. You'll get to more people.

Also, this is not unusual for WP unfortunately.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Some good news. Insteon and MS are joining up again to revamp things for Win10. Hopefully its a better effort than last time. I bought Insteon stuff thinking MS and them had a good partnership, but after my investment and realizing parts of the app were broken, and even more so now that SMS alerts ended and no update to Win app, it seemed apparently MS tossed some money at them to make an app then Insteon pretty much stopped caring - the typical story for WP apps. So anyway, I'm hopeful again. Although it will be a little while for the app obviously.
Insteon Drives IoT Innovation With Microsoft at Microsoft?s Build Developer Conference ? insteon.com

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Some good news. Insteon and MS are joining up again to revamp things for Win10. Hopefully its a better effort than last time. I bought Insteon stuff thinking MS and them had a good partnership, but after my investment and realizing parts of the app were broken, and even more so now that SMS alerts ended and no update to Win app, it seemed apparently MS tossed some money at them to make an app then Insteon pretty much stopped caring - the typical story for WP apps. So anyway, I'm hopeful again. Although it will be a little while for the app obviously.
Insteon Drives IoT Innovation With Microsoft at Microsoft?s Build Developer Conference ? insteon.com

That is good, but I also hope they update the 8.1 app!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6