Lumia 1520 - opening like external storage

Ancistrus01

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

When I normally connect Lumia to PC via USB. I can access phone folders, but in folder "This Computer" on my PC, I see phone icon. But I need to open phone like external storage or SD card or something like this. (with (E:) )
Because I am soo Stu*id and I deleted all my photos from London when I was downgrading W10 to W8.1. :crying:
After that I want to try some programs to safe deleted photos. I know that it won't be in 99% possible, but I want at least try it!

My latest option will be buy fly ticket and go to England again! But it is my latest option...
So please. If you have any ideas how to open phone in PC like external storage, I will be really happy. After that programs will be possible to find it like external storage and look for lost photos. :unhappysweat:

I am from Czech Republic so I hope you can understand what I want to say. :)

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would consider the photos on the phone lost. (unless you have the funds and connections to get a professional data forensics/recovery business involved)
You cannot mount the phone's storage directly to be something that a tool like Recuva can use.

HOWEVER, if you used a microSD card, if you plug that into the computer directly, you can recover stuff there.

ALSO, if you had the auto-backup of photos turned on, which it is by default, you should be able to log into OneDrive.com and see if the photos are there. (/Pictures/Camera Roll)

Ancistrus01

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
You cannot mount the phone's storage directly to be something that a tool like Recuva can use.
Ou, that is what I was expecting. :( I will try contact microsoft and ask them for support with professional data recovery.
ALSO, if you had the auto-backup of photos turned on, which it is by default, you should be able to log into OneDrive.com and see if the photos are there. (/Pictures/Camera Roll)
Yeah and this is the problem!
I was downgrading from Win 10 to WP 8.1. But before I HAD auto-backup turned on! I lived in conviction that my photos are on OneDrive (OneDrive is my primary cloud storage) but they weren't! On OneDrive there are 5 photos from London. Five photos from several dozens.

I think I should contact Microsoft for support! I hope that they will help my with recovery. Even if I should pay for it. It will be still cheaper than go to England again (but it will be pretty funny :D)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss