Hi all,

Is anyone finding that the MSN/Bing News app is no longer providing breaking news notifications? The live tile is working fine for me, but I can't remember the last time I received a breaking news notification. With the election results happening at the moment, I would have expected this would have been the perfect time for the app to deliver, but it doesn't. Everything is setup to allow notifications to happen, the only thing I haven't tried is a reinstall of the app. Anyone having this issue?

Does anyone also use any other news app that also provides notification updates?

Cheers.
    05-08-2015 03:22 AM
    Depends where you are, but Paperboy is a great app as it can pull news from the BBC website.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...0-f69ccdbf1ddf
    05-08-2015 03:48 AM
    Depends where you are, but Paperboy is a great app as it can pull news from the BBC website.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...0-f69ccdbf1ddf
    Thanks for the tip. Live tile and toast notification support?
    05-08-2015 04:34 AM
    Hi all,

Is anyone finding that the MSN/Bing News app is no longer providing breaking news notifications? The live tile is working fine for me, but I can't remember the last time I received a breaking news notification. With the election results happening at the moment, I would have expected this would have been the perfect time for the app to deliver, but it doesn't. Everything is setup to allow notifications to happen, the only thing I haven't tried is a reinstall of the app. Anyone having this issue?

Does anyone also use any other news app that also provides notification updates?
    Cheers.
    I also like ABC news also has a great live tile and notifications as good if not faster than MSN.
    05-08-2015 04:39 AM
    Live tile, yes. Toast, no
    05-08-2015 11:27 AM
    Still getting notifications from MSN News here.

Scott
    05-10-2015 10:56 AM
    Still getting notifications from MSN News here.

Scott
    When did you last receive a toast notification? Toasts are working for all my other apps that have been setup to provide notifications, and the live tile is still working fine for it. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it yesterday to see if that helped but with the Nepal earthquake that's just happened again I would have expected that to come through for example. Be interesting to know what notifications people are getting and when. Also are you on the latest version of the app?
    05-12-2015 05:05 AM
    All the news sites I view have Twitter feeds. I've moved from the News app to Twitter for my news feed.
    05-12-2015 05:18 AM