Cortona & Search still display contacts that are filtered out of contacts?

red tick

May 9, 2015
Visit site
How do I prevent Cortona and search from seeing contacts in my linked accounts? I have google and Facebook along with Outlook synced to my phone. In my phone (outlook account) I only keep maybe two or three dozen numbers that I need. But if I try to ask Cortona to call my brother Matt she precedes to ask me which of the 8 Matts I am referring to. Well that gets old instantly! I set my address book to filter out Facebook and google contacts cause there are just to many, and that works when I am just visually searching my phonebook but if I try to search or better yet when I verbally ask Cortona to call one she tries to access all contacts on all accounts. Can I prevent this?

This is one of the many reasons I don't use android. Its just to much data to munge into a single address book. I am hoping windows has a work around. I REALLY want to like windows phone. :smile:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how to prevent Cortana to "look" everywhere. But could you give your contacts you want to call nicknames so they become unique.
If you now ask Call "Matt" you get "many" Matts. But if you use a nickname it will be unique.
Like Call "my brother".

http://howtowindowsphone.com/?p=880

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa