Create a backup from a phone with a non-functioning screen?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Short story: My 928's screen isn't working. Is there a way I can create a backup?

Long story: The screen broke 3 weeks ago. It's been shut off and in my computer bag since then. I just got a new 928, started it up and chose to install the backup from April whatever. It got stuck at 21% for an hour plus.

I checked my Onedrive account for backups and it shows that my only backup for Windows Phone is today, 5/14. So it appears this new phone, which I haven't even fully restored somehow created a backup which erased my April backup? How does that happen?

Now I'm hard-resetting my new 928 to see if I can restore my old 928 backup. If not, I'll have to try to create a new backup from my old 928 which does not have a functional screen... :-(

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I turned on my old 928 but haven't done anything with it. However, it must have created a backup on its own? Now my Onedrive is showing 2 Windows Phone backups for today.

Oddly, when I just hard reset the new 928 and logged in with my MS account it gave me the option of backing up all the way back to my 822 which was dated 2013. I didn't get that option the first time, nor is that backup showing in my Onedrive devices...

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, never mind now. I just hard reset did another restore, chose the latest backup and all seems fine now. It restored back to all my original settings from the old 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs