A painful switch

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Due to financial reasons and the fact that AT&T doesn't have a stock on the 1520 anymore, I had to make the painful decision to switch to Android for a new phone. I got an LG G3. Decent phone, but I already miss some of the things that make the WP8.1 platform stand out. I'm hoping some of you cross platform users can make a few suggestions for me;

A better voice assistant. I use my BT headset all of the time. The built in voice recognition on Android is terrible. On my 1520 it worked at around 97% accuracy/efficiency. Android is around 20%, and that's being really nice. Please tell me there is something better.

A better keyboard w/word prediction. This one is, meh, at best.

That is all for now. I'm sure I'll find more problems, as time goes by.

Thanks for reading.

James

Sorry, Cortana is best. I have Siri and she sucks. I thought Swype was pretty good, but again, WP keyboard was best with prediction and emojis. DAMN, THE EMOJI feature is great on WP. You can type in something like happy and you'll see the emoji it in the suggestion. Agh, I hate my iPhone!

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, Cortana is best. I have Siri and she sucks. I thought Swype was pretty good, but again, WP keyboard was best with prediction and emojis. DAMN, THE EMOJI feature is great on WP. You can type in something like happy and you'll see the emoji it in the suggestion. Agh, I hate my iPhone!
You're so right, oh... so... right.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Either swipe to the left for the Google Now screen, or tap on the Google Search bar at the top of your home screen. If you haven't opted it, it will prompt you to. If you swipe to the Google Now screen and it shows stuff there, then you are opted in. Sometimes, however, it's not showing anything current even if you have it turned on, depending on what you have set to show. If you have it set to show weather, it will virtually always be showing at least that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb