Can I get some help migrating from one email to another?

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Migrating from one email to another

I have a MSFT account under a yahoo mail. I made a new alias which is on outlook mail. I have made the outlook mail as a primary email alias. If I remove my yahoo email on my account as an alias, will I still be able to access the store or should I make a hard reset on my phone and start all over again?

(Not the second option please. Please God no.)

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Migrating from one email to another

As far as I know, you cant change your phone's primary email ID without a hard reset. However there was an article here sometime ago which implied that changing primary IDs would be possible in W10P.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I had been using a primary alias on my outlook.com account and recently dropped it in the account settings in favor of the outlook.com account name. As the store account links to the base outlook account, for me it just worked.

Phone (8.1) and Windows all just updated and the email names changed in login and in the settings without me needing to do anything.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You don't need an alias. You CAN change the Primary email address for your Microsoft Account and keep all your App ownerships, backups etc.

See the link in my signature.

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site

Thanks guys. I can sleep now because of this.
Can I delete my previous email address using my phone browser?
According to your link this could only be done using a PC browser.
I just want to clarify things.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs