Why Cannot Select & Move Videos in Camera Roll to MicroSD Card?

GWBlack

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, To free up space, I'm trying to move videos in my son's Lumia 635 to a (new) MicroSD card (Samsung 64GB EVO). By default, both the videos and pictures were loaded in the same "Camera Roll" album in Photo Hub. However, despite selecting & moving the pictures to the card using Storage Sense/Photos/Manage, I could not select the videos. So I am confused about a few things:

1) Why can I only select & move pictures (.JPEG files) to SD card, but not videos (.MP4 files)? It won't even allow me to select the videos (meaning the boxes around the video icons won't light up after clicking on it, but the boxes around the pic icons will light up).

2) I was eventually able to transfer the videos by tethering my 930 Lumia to my Windows7 desktop via USB. I could then drag and drop the videos from "Phone" folder to "SD card" folder using Windows Explorer. This seems to be the only way to transfer videos from the phone to MicroSD card, despite being able to transfer pictures to MicroSD card within the phone itself via Storage Sense/Photos/Manage. Any idea why?

3) Lastly, whenever I access "Videos" menu, I keep getting prompts for an Xbox account. I'm not even a gamer, so these are annoying. How can I get rid of these prompts?

Thank you!
Gary

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, To free up space, I'm trying to move videos in my son's Lumia 635 to a (new) MicroSD card (Samsung 64GB EVO). By default, both the videos and pictures were loaded in the same "Camera Roll" album in Photo Hub. However, despite selecting & moving the pictures to the card using Storage Sense/Photos/Manage, I could not select the videos. So I am confused about a few things:

1) Why can I only select & move pictures (.JPEG files) to SD card, but not videos (.MP4 files)? It won't even allow me to select the videos (meaning the boxes around the video icons won't light up after clicking on it, but the boxes around the pic icons will light up).

2) I was eventually able to transfer the videos by tethering my 930 Lumia to my Windows7 desktop via USB. I could then drag and drop the videos from "Phone" folder to "SD card" folder using Windows Explorer. This seems to be the only way to transfer videos from the phone to MicroSD card, despite being able to transfer pictures to MicroSD card within the phone itself via Storage Sense/Photos/Manage. Any idea why?

3) Lastly, whenever I access "Videos" menu, I keep getting prompts for an Xbox account. I'm not even a gamer, so these are annoying. How can I get rid of these prompts?

Thank you!
Gary

On your phone have you got an app like file explorer which generally is very useful for moving things around. you gotta try it.
Selecting videos for some reason is not like selecting photos. you need to tap and hold on the video for it to be selected before you get any options or select the file. I dont think you will be using the USB cable method again for this action.

Unfortunately I am unable to help you with the Xbox thing as I dont bother using the videos app. I go through camera roll instead.

Cheers

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
You can install the files app (Microsoft mobile) from store, navigate to your camera roll folder then select all WP_XXX.mp4 files and paste them to that SD card.
No PC required

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes