Update 2 causing previous camera roll videos unplayable?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

On my Mom in laws Blu Win Jr, I believe it got Update 2 on May 28. I say believe because I haven't kept track and it was on auto update. All I know is when she showed me her problem, there were some welcome to windows phone messages and I checked the OS version, it shows Update 2!

Anyways, now all her previous and NEW videos taken with the standard camera app don't work. Photos app says "Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone" Video app says "The video failed to play"

The videos all play ok under VLC and when I use another phone to look at them via onedrive, they are ok.

Any ideas? I did do the volume down power button restart a couple times now.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
SD card or internal?

Good question, SD card, however I went and changed the setting to put video on phone, made a quick video, and I still have the same problem to play back on the phone. Plugging the phone to win 8.1 computer and viewing video's with Media Player is ok... I did see a moment with the windows xbox video app saying a file was not playable or corrupted but after it worked in Media player, the xbox video app on the windows 8.1 computer played it and others fine.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my 830. I copied everything off of it to the computer, then reformatted the card in the phone, then copied it all back to the card. After all of that, it works fine now.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my 830. I copied everything off of it to the computer, then reformatted the card in the phone, then copied it all back to the card. After all of that, it works fine now.

Cool, did you also have problem when videos were using the phone storage?

It seems I might have try a full reset of the phone too as it's not a really highly documented issue

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
No, I could read things saved to the phone's internal storage. it was only the photo and camera apps that couldn't access data on the card. All of the other apps could.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Blu Win Jr finally got back to me and telling me go straight for a hard reset... awww lol. This stuff should be fixable without that :(

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's so weird, I have 2 Blu Win Jrs bought at the same time and the other one doesn't show with update 2... and Phone Update shows no new update. It's set to auto download and install too.

I wonder why it's different.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Figured I'd put the follow up conversation I had with BLU, hope they actually do something about it soon? Or work with Microsoft on this issue.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BLU Products. We are happy to help you!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, we will like to inform you that we were able to replicate the same issue in the video you sent us. We are looking for a fix right now and a software update should be release soon. Please check your device for updates in the next few weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs