Why can't i make/receive calls and connect to the internet?

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I am unable to receive or make calls on my phone.And i cant access the internet either.Wifi connects but doesnt give me internet access and the cellular network also connects but like i said,no access to anything.This is serious because I cant use these basic services.This is the first time I'm having this problem,today to be exact.I found some solutions that said i needed to do something with the caller id but that option has been removed from WP8.1. I hope you guys have a fix for this.
Thanks.

Phone : Nokia Lumia 730
OS Version : 8.10.14234.375

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried restarting your phone, or performing a soft reset?

If those two didn't work, then it could either be a software-level problem or a hardware-level failure.

Try connecting your phone to your PC and use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to reinstall the OS - this should fix any software-level problem.

If that doesn't work, then it's most probably hardware-level already, i.e. the antennas seem to have failed (or some physical driver related to them)*. The solution to a hardware-level problem is to replace the hardware itself - this can be done by the technicians in an accredited service center. Check the warranty status of your phone by bringing the receipt and the phone with you to a service center.

*- But since you noted that Wi-Fi still connects but without internet access, there's a chance that it is only software-level.

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Have tried the soft reset and restart,but without success.It cant be a hardware fault as I get calls and notifications,just not regularly.I try to reply to messages and it shows I'm not connected.I have a good signal here.Is there anyway to access the caller id section in the 8.1 version?
I'm hoping these issues get fixed by the time they release the update 2,but its gonna take a while and I really need to use my phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried getting a new SIM from your carrier? The SIM could be bad.

Has this device ever worked? If it's never worked, are you using a device that is branded to your carrier or one that is unlocked? If it's not branded to your carrier and not unlocked, then it won't work.

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'll try getting a new sim.Today,it was much better,because i could use the phone to get online and if I closed it and opened it again,I'd lose the connection,which is weird as it shows a good signal.Is there anyway to access the caller id settings on wp8.1?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro