I've come to conclusion WP is poor for music?

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Music is one of the major things I use my phone for, I listen every day at work. The one thing I can't really fault is the FM radio. Everything else is poor. Volume for a start is to low, being in the EU it might be the volume limit but put it this way I can have my ear phones in with volume up full and easily have a conversation with a work colleague, that's how low it is. I can hear the work radio over the top of my earphones and yes I've tried several types.

Then podcasts, I've yet to find a reliable app, all have their issues, none is perfect.

Getting music on the phone, I had issues with playlists not showing up, duplicates and whatever else.

Youtube, I use it for listening to music, the subscription feed never works.

I have an old iPod touch, I think that might be the better option for music.

Using a L640 BTW

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the volume problem depends on the phone model and personal preference, not WP. Some people find the maximum volume too low on certain handsets (there are complaints online about certain Android phones and the iPhone 5 too). In my case, I rarely go above 1/30 or 2/30 on my L830. Even that is too loud sometimes. I can't imagine what 30/30 is like.

Which apps do you use?

V_S

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Maybe your headphones were wet. Happened to me and I blamed the phone but quite the opposite. Music is amazing with the subscription. U can download and store music too. Loud speaker is so much better than any other phone.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Its perfectly adequate, no issues with sound quality on decent in-ear phones. There are enough music apps in the store.
I keep about 200-300 songs on the phone, and play them according to folders. Don't really have a need to manage playlist or syncing with my desktop. The only thing that would make it better is tag and album picts editing.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Compared to iTunes, you'll be happy with Xbox music. I have over 1000 songs that I store in OneDrive and listen to via a Bluetooth amplifier at work and at 10/30 it's stupid loud.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Compared to iTunes, you'll be happy with Xbox music. I have over 1000 songs that I store in OneDrive and listen to via a Bluetooth amplifier at work and at 10/30 it's stupid loud.

I had issues with Xbox music, it doesn't have a match feature that iTunes and Google Play has so you have to upload everything rather than it find it for you in the store and match it. My connection is to slow to upload everything,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs