My phone died, what is the best win phone available now?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The screen of my 1020 just shattered and I will prefer to get a new one instead of fixing this, since the cost of the repair is high for a 2 year old phone
I am browsing at the different options and it seems that there isn't a clear way to know what is the best current windows phone, I will appreciate any inputs
thanks

1. Lumia 1520 is fairly cheap on ebay. Seen them as low as $200

2. Lumia 640 XL

3. Lumia 640

4. Lumia 830

5. Lumia 735

I personally wouldn't buy a Lumia 920 because you're literally buying the dame exact phone you already had minus the 1020 camera and extra gig of ram but still otherwise same performance for the most part. I had both the 920 and 1020.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would have just waited till the next flagship is released.

My 1020 shattered and I bought a BLU Win HD for 150 bucks which will last me until the new flagship comes out.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
... I just can't wait for a shippment from China, thanks for the advice, I am considering the 830

the 830 is nice, but with regards to shipping, last saturday i bought a 640 xl on ebay from a Singapore shipper, and had it in seattle by tuesday. I'd say that was pretty quick...

Darryl Dixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I would spend the money,if you have it, on a quality Android or IPhone. Windows has very little support, and almost no relevant apps. They don't even have an original YouTube app. You can do better than Windows Phone. JMHO!

wiederman

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Love the 830, bought it as a replacement as my two year old son shattered my 1520... its a stop gap until the high end phones comes out later this year.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh I meant on ebay...its unlocked for $50 more.

I have been having difficulties with my phone(Broke and the one I am using is glitch as hell). So I am looking at alternative WIndows phone till win10.
That applies if you live in the US

Also, it's not comparable. 150us is the price of the phone outright, unlocked, dual sim :)

Win hd works great ^_^ .

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh I meant on ebay...its unlocked for $50 more.

I have been having difficulties with my phone(Broke and the one I am using is glitch as hell). So I am looking at alternative WIndows phone till win10.

Ah... Not really but kind of. But for future reference... Can I buy an at&t 1520 for for around 200$, find a site to unlock it and it will work fine? :/

Also, the price of the the blu win HD as dropped since the release of the win HD lte.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ah... Not really but kind of. But for future reference... Can I buy an at&t 1520 for for around 200$, find a site to unlock it and it will work fine? :/

Also, the price of the the blu win HD as dropped since the release of the win HD lte.

you probably could on ebay. I saw a few around there for 199-220. And I believe this company called the unlocking company can unlock it for $50 which is pretty good still. You'd probably come out paying $250-280 altogether.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
you probably could on ebay. I saw a few around there for 199-220. And I believe this company called the unlocking company can unlock it for $50 which is pretty good still. You'd probably come out paying $250-280 altogether.

Don't pay $50 to unlock it. If the phone was originally locked to AT&T and the account was in good status when you receive the phone and you don't have an AT&T account (even if you do have an account with AT&T that's ok too) it's super easy to get it unlocked straight from AT&T. They have a site that you just fill in all the data and within 72 hours they will give you the unlock code.

I did exactly that when I bought my 1020 used off of ebay. I don't have an account with AT&T and I filled out the form, within 18 hours I had the unlock code. No need to spend additional money for something that is free (didn't even have to talk to anyone either! came in an email).

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, sounds like there is no new flagship phone, and I should continue to keep my 920 for now.
You really need to check out the 640 XL....I just got mine a few hours ago but started playing with it. I am not sure if I am ready to say it is better than my 1520 was but I can say this design feels awesome :p

My 635 broke and I got the HTC One m8. No one ever seems to mention it, but the phone is fast. No 'resuming' screens.

No one mentions it because many people don't have/want it and it doesn't have any resuming screens because it has a much faster processor and 2 GB ram vs the 635 slower processor and 512 MB ram.

But that's true, you can always try to unlock through Att...but if that doesn't work or isn't possible, there are of course other methods. :)

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
You really need to check out the 640 XL....I just got mine a few hours ago but started playing with it. I am not sure if I am ready to say it is better than my 1520 was but I can say this design feels awesome :p

So you did end up with the XL! It seems like you're enjoying it so far.

I'm still reading about this thing frequently. I guess I haven't gotten over the XL just yet.

Keep us posted regarding your experience with the XL. I might end up selling my 830 for it...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So you did end up with the XL! It seems like you're enjoying it so far.

I'm still reading about this thing frequently. I guess I haven't gotten over the XL just yet.

Keep us posted regarding your experience with the XL. I might end up selling my 830 for it...

I'll be posting my first impressions later today aks by the weekend I hope to do a review with the 1520 vs xl :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo