I went and did it, I ordered....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The Sony Xperia Z2.... DAMN! I am too tired of Microsoft dragging their feet with WP. There are so many disadvantages using a WP8.1 device and Im sure when W10M comes out, it will NOT be polished and ready. It will be AGAIN the base system that is missing many functions and we will be playing the waiting game AGAIN.

Im sad, but serisouly its a joke what Microsoft is doing with their mobile OS.

The APP problem aside, Microsoft's own offerings are cripled and lack seriously on functionality. Damn, even the email app offers only the basic functionality and its CRIPPLED in so many ways.

I had the original SGS for a month or two, didnt like it then, but Im sure (hope) Android has come a long way.

I have had many Windows Phones (and talked about 15-20 friends to buy one too). I have had:

Omnia 7
HTC 7 Pro
HTC Titan
Lumia 920
Samsung Ativ S
Lumia 930
Lumia 1520 (still have it, in service now for the 5th time)
Lumia 830 (using this now)

Damn, I have had so many devices that Im probably actually visible in the WP's install base :D

I just feel that Microsoft couldnt do it. They messed this up themself really. The package they put together was potentially good, but they went back and forth with things and lost a lot of time. Too much time. I think everyone in the WP team should be fired, I serisouly do. They messed up an potentially great idea.

What do you guys think, when I get the device and play with it, will I be let down by Android and not even move there? Or will I come back to the great L830 in matter of weeks?

I really havent used an Android device since the SGS, but many of my friends swear by it. Many actually are people who I talked in to coming to WP, but have since moved on.

Last edited by a moderator:

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
With lollipop (or CM12 if Cyanogen is your taste) you'll love it. Android really has come a long way, make sure you get a high end device.

And yes I agree with you Windows Phone is fundamentally wrong, and with Windows 10 it there is no visible change. App problem aside.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I want the Cyanogen because Im not the biggest fan of Google.

I got "only" the Z2 now, because I checked I can get my money back from it. Ordered it from Germany, I get the VAT off and can sell it later here. If I really like Android, most likely I will start to look for the top of the line device to order.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Never had problems with the email client here, but I have seen some neat things on Android recently. Pity the platform has so many little issues outside of great apps.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Never had problems with the email client here, but I have seen some neat things on Android recently. Pity the platform has so many little issues outside of great apps.

Cant use alias as sender. A very HUGE problem for me. I have O365 Exchange email that has my personal accounts and work emails in one. I cant choose which address Im replying with, its really insane.

Cant edit emails when forwarding... Seriously, I often get attachements that I want to forward, but the actual email is not for the next guy. wait to be on a desktop!

I now have a 30 sec video in my inbox. I would like to open this in Movie Maker to edit and then share.... Again, looks like I need a desktop! I can only view the video in the mail client.

Im organizing emails to subfolders in the server side, to keep some sort of order for different projects I have going on. I cant get a notification from these emails, even though some are VERY important. Sure, now I have a folder that has 6 email subfolders pinned in, small tiles, so I have to remember which one is which in the order they are in. How Microsoft decided these emails wouldnt have to be pulled to the action center is beyond me.

Im sure there a more if you really start to list them.

Last edited:

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a question... Why clearing a notification from the action center, does not clear ANY SINGLE app's notification from the app. yes, the integrated ones sure, but not a single other app? Seriously, Microsoft, you are doing it wrong! Its very annoying when you have notifications and they stay even though you have cleared them and you still need to open the app...

Not a single one, why?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^
Since you're going off topic in your own thread, I suspect this thread is primarily an outlet for frustrations, more than it's about getting an answer to the original question. If I had seen this thread earlier, I probably would have merged it here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-news-rumors/208468-48.htm#post3098645

There are already too many replies in this thread to take that approach however, so I'm just going to close it instead.

If you're still looking for answers to your question, you're welcome to ask it again in the thread I linked to above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs