Lumia 1020 WP 8.1 (update 2) System sounds not working, how ca I get it working again?

Paganmoon

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1020 WP 8.1 (update 2) System sounds not working

So yesterday I noticed my system sounds stopped working, after waking up late when my alarm didn't sound. It did go off, but just vibration, no sound.

Later I also noticed no notification sounds were playing, (SMS etc.), and no ringtones either. Going into Ringtones and Sounds. None of the ringtones, custom or built in play there previews.

Spotify and other apps like VLC or built in videoplayer play sounds without an issue, both on speakers and headphones.

No quiet hour settings (Swedish region so no Cortana), and just to make sure, I've switched to US region/language and made sure no quiet hour settings are on.

After switching region, sounds worked again, but for a short while only.

Tried:
Restarting phone = System sound works for about 5 minutes, and then stops working
Soft reset = same as above.

In the audio settings Equilizer is on none, no enhancements are selected, and flip to silence is off.

I've seen this reported on occasion, but without a real fix. Some have suggested removing whatsapp, or other alarm applications. Others a complete reset of the phone. None of which have universally worked.

And again, to reiterate, the system sounds work for the first few minutes after a restart of the phone, and then stop working (both on speakers and headphones), Spotify and other apps can still play sounds (both on speakers and headphones).

Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99