10-02-2015 07:49 PM
294 ... 89101112
tools
    Hence the message every time, "Something went wrong. Try again later."
    Exactly! *hi5s you*
    06-22-2015 06:20 PM
    My biggest peev at the moment is the inability to force a sync of my pictures to my onedrive account retrospectively. How hard can it be to add some smarts to the app to do comparisons of the content in both places and sync up the missing ones. This should also be allowed to sync high res photo's over 3/4g mobile networks, not just WiFi networks as a lot of developed countries now have decent mobile data packs, or at least off the options to users please.
    Well said. You beat me to this.
    noersetiawan likes this.
    06-22-2015 06:22 PM
    Windows Phone does not play m4a files!!!

*faints*

_o____
    06-22-2015 06:26 PM
    This isn't feature related but, Windows Phone OS is more expensive.
    06-22-2015 06:30 PM
    This isn't feature related but, Windows Phone OS is more expensive.
    How do you figure that? It is free.
    06-22-2015 06:49 PM
    I have to raise the volume to maximum to play music via Bluetooth. It should do it on it's own once connected.
    06-22-2015 08:06 PM
    I tried moving the photos via the file manager and it SUCKS BIGTIME.

After selecting hundred photos to move, when I select the move button..voila! It doesnt display my current albums!!!

There goes your dont blame the os if you dont know that blah blah
    06-22-2015 08:16 PM

*faints*

_o____
    And to make things worse, there is not a single free app on the store which is as good as MX player on Android. Moli player require to pay so that doesn't count.
    06-22-2015 08:16 PM
    Hey Great harrie,

Ive tried your suggestion, using that mighty file manager app.

And guess what, after selecting hundred of photos, and tapping that move button it does not display my current albums! Great eh?!

There goes your dont put the blame in the os when you dont know blah blah.
    06-22-2015 08:24 PM
    windowphone not suport gif file
    06-22-2015 09:51 PM
    How do you figure that? It is free.
    I can say Windows for small device is free looking at the hardware you got with for a specific price, its the same as what you would get for a device without OS, but for WP I can't be sure, since other phone on similar price range have double the specifications, equally good camera and build quality. Sure the other phone have to compensate for their lagdroid OS, but if Windows Phone can perform as well as double the spec Android phone, WP should have cost half of that phone if the OS is free, probably it will sell better.
    Sonu K likes this.
    06-22-2015 10:54 PM
    You'd be amazed but most iOS devices can really only have about one tab open in Safari, and switching tabs forces the previous page to be reloaded.

Instead of the resuming screen (which I cant say I see a lot of), iOS apps flat out stop and you have to wait for the whole app to re load from scratch. I've had this on my 4S, and my iPad. $600 equipment rendered useless. Try copying text from Safari into OneNote. Absolute hell. I've never had to deal with that on Windows Phone thank god. I'll take the resuming screen any day.

What drives me bonkers in WP is OneNote. I love OneNote so much and the app on wp8.1 is so barebones. It is always open instantly though so I cant complain too much. I wish you could pin notebooks to the start screen like the tablet app.

Background Downloading in IE and other download apps. It doesn't exist and it means you have to stay on the download page before the task completes. You also can't open tabs in the background on IE which is stupid.
    Is iPhone really so bad, especially with the latest iOS and iPhone 6? 4S is like years ago so is like Windows Phone 7 years ago which is crap as hell too. I have never been an iPhone user so I'm not sure. Perhaps some other iPhone users here can verify if that's true especially with the app reloading from scratch and copying of text on iPhone 6??

That said, I really hope the next W10 can be as versatile as Android.
    06-23-2015 12:44 AM
    I can say Windows for small device is free looking at the hardware you got with for a specific price, its the same as what you would get for a device without OS, but for WP I can't be sure, since other phone on similar price range have double the specifications, equally good camera and build quality. Sure the other phone have to compensate for their lagdroid OS, but if Windows Phone can perform as well as double the spec Android phone, WP should have cost half of that phone if the OS is free, probably it will sell better.
    I wish I could understand what you mean..:)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    06-23-2015 12:58 AM
    Hey Great harrie,

And guess what, after selecting hundred of photos, and tapping that move button it does not display my current albums! Great eh?!

After selecting the move button you're not allowed to move the files in the same folder! That's simply not possible

When you click that move/copy button, you are required to go back into the previous location by clicking it's name at the top of the app's screen. It looks like this"🏠 > sd card > pictures > etc....". There you must click either the "Home 🏠 icon" or any other location following it!

If the native Files app looks irrelevant then you should go for other 3rd-party apps like the well-known Aerize explorer OR Files&Folders. But their full version is paid. Hence, Files is better with a clean and minimalistic UI.
    Last edited by Deepak_HK; 06-23-2015 at 01:19 AM.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    06-23-2015 12:59 AM
    First post here....

Been a WP user since last June and I am fairly happy with my Lumia 925 as one of my two phones (LG G pro2 is my other phone). The UI is the most modern looking compared to the other main smartphone platforms and a pleasure to use generally. Love the tile based interface and pivot menus, things you get used to very quickly. No complains about the quality of hardware, camera. display, sound and other basic stuff.

Having said that, there are some really fundamental issues plaguing the system, stuff that you take for granted on an Android phone (Havent used IOS enough to have an informed opinion).

IE , what else can I say that hasn't been said like a million times. The constant reloading of tabs, even if you have nothing on in the background is beyond annoying. What is the point in having tabs when every time you navigate back to them, you are greeted with a reloading page? I can understand memory constraints but this is taking it too far. Android almost never closes tabs, een if you have 10+ tabs open. It really spoils the browsing experience for me. Browsing is something I do a lot on my smartphones so this is a real issue. I was hoping it woul be resolved through an update, but doesnt look like it will.

Website compatibility, especially with desktop sites is extremely poor. IE cannot even load the desktop version for MANY sites, far more than other smartphone platforms.
    06-23-2015 06:22 AM
    If you read a mail by tapping the mail in the notifications, there is no direct way to access the inbox folder from there. One has to come out and open the mail app to access other mails.
    The same is true even for messages (SMS).
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    06-23-2015 07:08 AM
    If you read a mail by tapping the mail in the notifications, there is no direct way to access the inbox folder from there. One has to come out and open the mail app to access other mails.
    The same is true even for messages (SMS).
    Agee and we (still) have to wait till W10 before this is fixed.
    06-23-2015 08:38 AM
    My Lumia 925 on windows 8.1 does play m4a files.
    06-23-2015 12:09 PM

*faints*

_o____
    It does actually lol

It at least all the ones I've had do

920,925,928, & 1520
    06-23-2015 01:23 PM
    It does actually lol

It at least all the ones I've had do

920,925,928, & 1520

And how do you do that? I download an m4a album from a torrent using wpTorrent and it doesn't show up on the music app.

EDIT: I found a way to make it play though. On wpTorrent, I move or copy the file to a folder (say Download) on the local file hub. Then using Files app, I move the fike from Download to Music folder and boom! I see it on Music app.*deep sigh*
    06-23-2015 05:35 PM
    would say that one dumb thing is why cortana needs have my GPS on all the time for do even questions that do not even involves seek things near me, and also another thing is why for get the text messages readed louder need be connected all the time to internet, no clue why also why the ressuming is so long in skype by example in fact i do not like this aspect ressuming
    06-23-2015 09:58 PM
    I would not be surprised if this annoying feature is added because it is required by law. Or to prevent lawsuit in the future from people with hearing problems who did "not know" that loud earphone levels could case hearing problems.
    Or a real concern to prevent possible hearing problems of users.
    the European laws demands the warning on display or in many cases limit to 90Db of sound pressure through headphones, to me too is annoying but oddly with bluetooth headphones do not get the alert or in car hands free
    06-23-2015 10:05 PM
    My problem with battery saver is that the remaining time is so funny with it's readings. Like, sometimes when I turn on battery saver, the estimated time remain is far lower than the time I get when battery saver is off. That is, I get more battery time when battery saver is off than when it's on. I thought it was supposed to work the other way round?
    or even battery saver does backwards, uses your battery faster than without it, in windows phone 8 could use the option all day long now is a imminent hell when by mistake you still believing that will help to save battery time
    06-23-2015 10:11 PM
    Hey Great harrie,

The smart in smartphone has indeed limits.
    Not knowing there is an app can happen., Not knowing how to use an app can happen.
    Not trying to figure out how an app works can happen.
    Ranting about it can happen.
    But that still does not make the OS dumb but it's probably not smart enough for you.
    http://m.windowscentral.com/hands-on...ndows-phone-81
    06-24-2015 07:07 AM
    So it is still dumb for not having the create/move button in the gallery app.
    06-24-2015 12:20 PM
294 ... 89101112