The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-02-2015 07:49 PM
294 1234 ...
tools
    Need a define button
    for example if there is a world that i can't understand just tap it press define to get the definition.

And a universal page up 👆 button which will work with all apps.
    Snooty and Andrei Rinea like this.
    06-15-2015 01:21 AM
    One of the main things which bugs me is how emails in Mail and web pages in IE are rendered. When the mail/site has loaded fully, sometimes only the left half of the page shows. The other half doesn't show at all on swiping to the right (e.g. QuizUp website).
    06-15-2015 01:25 AM
    One of the main things which bugs me is how emails in Mail and web pages in IE are rendered. When the mail/site has loaded fully, sometimes only the left half of the page shows. The other half doesn't show at all on swiping to the right (e.g. QuizUp website).
    Going off emails.....i hate that when I send a photo vis email people often time don't get it. I have to log onto the site to send it inline vs attachment

OR if you are trying to download an attachment, sometimes it will fail repeatedly until it randomly decides to download the attachment
    WesleyBPeres likes this.
    06-15-2015 02:16 AM
    1) You can't access the phone numbers on the SIM without importing them. This is extremely stupid and annoying. I use several different SIMs for different countries and they have different balance-checking and voicemail numbers that I don't want to have in my address book. Also, SIM cards often come loaded with spammy numbers (horoscope, sports hotline, traffic info, etc) that I don't want to have to weed out of Outlook.

2) There's no way to have WP reinstall your apps stored on an SD Card if you decide to change the card (such as the common scenario of putting in a bigger card). It doesn't know what to do. You have to reset.

3) The Photos, Video, and Music apps often do not "see" files that are already stored on an SD Card. There could be tens of gigabytes of music, pictures, and video, and these files will not appear in the apps and are treted as "Other" in Storage Sense. The file manager and VLC can see them fine. This has happened every single time I've switched phones or SD Cards or even just reset the phone. A workaround would be for these apps to have a "Search for files" option, but they do not.

4) You can't leave the phone switched off when you charge it.

5) You can't set a different music (etc.) app as the default.

6) Bluetooth Audio often doesn't work right, and will play the same random selection of MP3s in the same order, and you can't choose anything else.
    06-15-2015 03:06 AM
    I really hate the double volume control introduced with 8.1. ow, when I want no sound coming from my phone, I have to check two bar instead of only one, that was simply, smarter.

When you try to share a pic, the resulting apps will depends on which app you're trying to share the pic from. For example, can't share a pic from the lumia camera app to whatsapp or messenger, but I can do it from the stock pictures app.

Oh and the Xbox Music app that came with 8.1 is unbelievable.
    noersetiawan and SumairB like this.
    06-15-2015 03:25 AM
    Need a define button
    for example if there is a world that i can't understand just tap it press define to get the definition.

And a universal page up 👆 button which will work with all apps.
    Not sure if you know but if you highlight a word then press the search button it searches it on bing, the top answer is normally a definition
    Snooty likes this.
    06-15-2015 03:29 AM
    Tabs are now staying open for me on L1520 WP8.1 (Denim).
    My Lumia 520 can't open multiple tabs. It reloads everytime when I switch to different tab. Is there a setting or something which I am missing ?
    06-15-2015 03:48 AM
    • no Background process for uploads (WP7 have this on PeopleHub, it's my favorite feature :'( ) and downloads
    • It was promised in WP8.1 that the people hub would support MORE apps integration..now we have annoying FB feeds, and no instagram integration on People (or is there?)
    06-15-2015 04:09 AM
    Here's another one concerning Mail.
    The only attachable file is pictures. I'm typing a mail and want to attach a document, tapping on the attach file button takes you to Photos Hub only.
    A work around though (but this is dumb): Go to and open the file/document you want to attach or locate the file using Files/OneDrive (if stored in OneDrive) and from there tap on the share button and select Mail. This is a rather time wasting process and annoying.
    06-15-2015 04:41 AM
    Not sure if you know but if you highlight a word then press the search button it searches it on bing, the top answer is normally a definition
    This does not work everywhere on the phone. I think it works only on IE. Doesn't work on Mail. It doesn't even work here on WC app.
    WesleyBPeres likes this.
    06-15-2015 04:46 AM
    My Lumia 520 can't open multiple tabs. It reloads everytime when I switch to different tab. Is there a setting or something which I am missing ?
    Tabs ALWAYS reload for me on my 920 with 8.1 Update 1 (except on Opera Mini)
    06-15-2015 04:48 AM
    This does not work everywhere on the phone. I think it works only on IE. Doesn't work on Mail. It doesn't even work here on WC app.

You're right, that sucks!
    06-15-2015 04:48 AM
    Trying to position the cursor to where you want it.
    06-15-2015 04:53 AM
    Nevermind
    Last edited by SL2; 06-15-2015 at 05:28 AM.
    06-15-2015 05:01 AM
    Absent of dark theme throughout the mail. If one types a new mail, it automatically brings back the white theme, which is irritating when you are typing in dark. If you can see in dark, you can type in dark.
    06-15-2015 06:18 AM
    No PC software where we can backup our phones (like iTunes)
    If you didn't know when Windows Phone 7 was out, we used Zune to access our phones (like iTunes) and by a lot accounts and reviews, Zune was far better than iTunes ever was (and could do full backups with a minor script or a phone update).

Would love to see them bring a software package like Zune back, as an option. If you have Windows 7, the app for Windows Phone looks like a software package that was built in a garage someplace, another joke here..

I really hate the double volume control introduced with 8.1. ow, when I want no sound coming from my phone, I have to check two bar instead of only one, that was simply, smarter.
    Believe it or not, this was one of the larger requested features on Windows Phone. This allows you to lower your music volume with out changing you ringer/notification volume. This is a feature common on Android and iOS (and was one from Windows Mobile) Compared how it was on Windows Phone 7, no question, I would not be willing to (and I think most people who use WP) give it up.

Maybe an option to "Mute all volume" so you can click once and it will do a full mute on your phone ?
    06-15-2015 07:41 AM
    I said this one yesterday in a different thread, and I've brought it up before:

Get rid of the hardware Search button.

It's pressed more times accidentally than it ever is deliberately, it's redundant, and it would literally be better to have a blank space there than any kind of button. I'd hate it less if it was a button you had to depress, but a flat touch-responsive surface is not a good presence under the heel of the thumb.
    06-15-2015 07:46 AM
    Why cant I dictate text on every screen that uses the keyboard? Using the microphone button in OneNote creates an audio file?! Why?
    06-15-2015 09:02 AM
    Why cant I dictate text on every screen that uses the keyboard? Using the microphone button in OneNote creates an audio file?! Why?
    I believe this is coming with Win 10.
    06-15-2015 09:13 AM
    Lock screen in windowsphone are not interactive as they are in Android
    06-15-2015 09:13 AM
    Need to allow third party keyboard. Desperately miss the cursor keys and numbers top row that I had with Swiftkey/Android
    06-15-2015 09:15 AM
    The music player when the phone is locked. The fact it disappears and to make it reappear I must lock my screen then skip my songs. Think there should be a transparent or permanent way to keep the music player visible in the lock screen?
    sketchy9 and Tschonatschan like this.
    06-15-2015 09:36 AM
    I don't know, all that happens when I tap the search button is that Cortana pops up. It doesn't matter if I have a word highlighted or not....
    06-15-2015 09:55 AM
    The list can go on and on..however a lot of the problems are a result of the old Microsoft, the one where teams didn't talk to each other hence the disjointed and obvious ommissions....Im judging Satya Nadella on Windows 10 and seeing if everything works together well or at least attempts to..I saw a pic on a post somewhere which sums it up...
    microsoftvsgooglevsapple.0.jpg
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    06-15-2015 10:27 AM
    The music player when the phone is locked. The fact it disappears and to make it reappear I must lock my screen then skip my songs. Think there should be a transparent or permanent way to keep the music player visible in the lock screen?
    Press one of the volume rockers and the music controls show up.
    06-15-2015 10:47 AM
294 1234 ...