10-02-2015 07:49 PM
294 ... 45678 ...
tools
    It takes forever to backup
    No kidding! I have been doing a backup for a near hour and it has been sitting at like 49% for so long. It will probably suddenly jump up to 99% and then be done. I wish the progress bar was more detailed. Like telling me what exactly is being backed up at the time.
    WesleyBPeres and cbobb123 like this.
    06-17-2015 09:44 AM
    I don't see led notifications coming for missed calls or other events; despite some rumors and
    that is just dumb.
    06-17-2015 09:53 AM
    Fixed in W10.
    Finally.
    06-17-2015 10:43 AM
    Never heard of such features on any other phone.

Again, never heard of such features on any other phone. I think continuum on W10 will be some kind of dual screen.

I don't think there's any music app where you can stop the music (CMIIW), most of them just pause, and you can do that in volume controls.
    1.My LG G3 has dual screen capabilty, same as the Note 4.

2. I believe he/she wanna say is that there is no stop button to clear the queue/now playing list.
    06-17-2015 10:51 AM
    1. Backup doesn't function at all (on my phone).
    2. Multitasking (e.g. updating here maps while being on other apps)
    2.5 open a pdf, rotate to widescreen. after unlocking your phone the rotation is different, though your
    phone stays at widescreen mode
    3. Music App
    3.5 when you play an mp3, then play a youtube video, the phone doesnt remember where the music left (not even track, album etc.)
    4. Resuming
    5. IE (Loading Bar, White Spaces when you zoom etc.)
    6. Live Tiles
    7. accent colors should be presented more (the volume color of wp8 was great)
    8. if you updated an app and click in the notification center on it, it doesn't go to the updated/last installed apps list
    9. Keyboard (size, "wastespace" & autocorrect)
    10. camera snapshot quality & features (look at a comparison on gsmarena with, for example galaxy s6)
    Jeddic likes this.
    06-17-2015 11:13 AM
    1. No proper share intent ( ex : cant share images to whatsapp directly from gallery )
    2. No proper background agent ( ex : affect downloading in background )
    3. No "Open With" function ( ex : can't choose default app when opening file from file manager )
    4. Can't create Wifi Portable Hotspot without 3G connection turned ON ( Android can do it without connecting to 3G )
    5. No proper call recording option
    6. No individual control for Music apps ( All of em use the System Music Agent )
    7. Apps can't draw on screen ( ex : FB messenger can't work like that moving bubble )

Will be edited with more later
    Andrei Rinea likes this.
    06-17-2015 11:44 AM
    Just 1 thing

Can't turn of the phone while charging
    06-17-2015 11:57 AM
    Music app:

1. STILL has noise between tracks - why can't they fix this??!!!??
    2. No gapless playback.
    jlzimmerman likes this.
    06-17-2015 02:55 PM
    1. Dumbest decision of all times: Quiet hours tied to Cortana (100+ languages and 100+ countries that will never get Cortana are left in the cold)
    2. Music experience degradation form version to version 7.5-8.0, 8.0-8.1
    3. Features fragmentation from screen size ( I want to have some phablet ajustments on 5" device )
    4. Windows Media Player sync not working correctly with Windows phone, WMP-synced playlists just disappear after reboot.
    5 Windows Phone cant access network shares on Windows PC's natively.
    5 No vibrate+ring option on Lumias when OS actually supports it.
    5 No way to know where did SMS came from (I was once sending 5 smss to a contact with 5 numbers)
    6 No way to reply to a mail with attachment other then image, when you actually can send such attachments.
    7 Disastrous syncing apps like WP Desktop App with no option to autodelete synced photos and SLOW at work.
    8 Small but really dumb - flashlight cannot work in background
    Last edited by Viktar H; 06-17-2015 at 03:30 PM.
    06-17-2015 03:05 PM
    I see many of you have an extended list but couldn`t read all posts but looks like nobody mentioned some really frustrating things like:
    1. This is the most annoying for me, WHY oh WHY is the call menu disappearing in the middle of a conversation and shows me the latest calls list. Why crap why??????
    2. Why on earth I cannot select text to copy in an SMS only the entire message?
    3. Why hyperlinks are not highlighted in an sms automatically
    4. Why live tiles when tapped never take you to the actual photo/newsflash/function/situation shown?
    5. Why Cortana is region dependent? I want the US version and only that I don`t want the chinese or Indian version not even freaking british.
    6. Why no vibrate+ring when I set it to do so?
    7. Why only one type of tile fly-out

There would be more. I am ******** over a Lumia 930 "The Flagship" device my a**
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-17-2015 04:39 PM
    No PC software where we can backup our phones (like iTunes)
    One Drive is the backup "software" like iTunes
    06-17-2015 07:07 PM
    One Drive is the backup "software" like iTunes
    That's not PC-based, it's cloud-based.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-17-2015 09:04 PM
    The settings menu. Good luck trying to find anything in there. Also the phone doesn't stay off when it is charging, but at the same time it boots to the lockscreen faster than any phone I've ever seen.
    06-17-2015 10:23 PM
    3. Why hyperlinks are not highlighted in an sms automatically
    They are. Just checked, some SMS's from my carrier had clickable links in them
    06-18-2015 02:49 AM
    <<No PC software where we can backup our phones (like iTunes)>>
    The answer to this: Connect your phone to a PC and copy the half dozen folders allowed by Microsoft.
    Jaripi likes this.
    06-18-2015 05:36 AM
    Can't take a still shot while videoing.
    06-18-2015 07:14 AM
    I like your 1, 2 & 4.
    3. backup almost wrecked my data plan of 2GB monthly. I had to halt it.
    06-18-2015 07:33 AM
    I wonder why outlook cannot attach other file types apart from pictures.
    06-18-2015 07:42 AM
    No TTLS/P2A support for university Wifi. Like, wtf Microsoft. It's 2015.
    06-18-2015 08:21 AM
    So many of my swipes are mistakened for taps. I don't know of that's a hardware, software, or firmware problem, but Aul never responds whenever I ask him about it on twitter. It's so annoying.. And I know its some sort of bug because it never does it when I use my iphone.
    I often experience this problem when using Internet Explorer of WP. I believe it is a bug of WP version of IE. Well, this problem is more frequent when browsing wpcentral.com.... :(
    Dk92 likes this.
    06-18-2015 08:34 AM
    I am so happy that haptic keyboard isn't a part of it.
    06-18-2015 08:55 AM
    Trying to swipe up to unlock the phone from the Glance screen.

Okay that one is on me more than the OS but still...
    06-18-2015 10:17 AM
    1) Annoying "Loading" and "Resuming" screen. For example, I could be composing a tweet about something I'm reading on IE but I wanted to glance at IE, while on Twitter (or any other Twitter app I'm using ATM) I press and hold the back button, swipe to IE (but not calling it up) then swipe back to Twitter and even though I actually didn't leave Twitter, the "Resuming" screen comes on! Sometimes lasting as long as 5-7 seconds. Meanwhile, has anyone noticed that Opera Mini does not resume? And you always get the exact page where you left off when you reopen the app even though it's been days since last use? It doesn't reload your page like IE does on opening (that that lying progress bar)

2) Windows Phone DOES NOT multitask.

3) Back up rarely works.

4) *someone has mentioned this* Executing swipes as taps

5) When I swipe down half from top to reveal just the action centre and maybe I change my mind and want to see my notifications, swiping down further does not work most times. Sometimes requires several attempts or just starting all over before it works.

I have more on list of things that bugs me about WP but I'll stop at this. I just wish these little annoying things are fixed cos I really love WP. Can't imagine switching to another OS.
    1- Loading and resuming happened to me very rare in Lumia 640 XL and 535 but I had it before in 520 and 920.frequently. I think it is because old processor speed.
    4- Executing swipes as taps , I don't have it in 520 and 640 XL but it happened to me in rare occasions in 920. Also I activate many 535 devices and 2 of them has this problem always and the rest of devices are fine without this problem ,I think Microsoft fixed it with update.
    Overall I'm happy about Windows Phone and I get used to live with its limits but I can't imagine myself to live with Android problems :)
    Regards
    Viktar H likes this.
    06-18-2015 03:58 PM
    1- Loading and resuming happened to me very rare in Lumia 640 XL and 535 but I had it before in 520 and 920.frequently. I think it is because old processor speed.
    4- Executing swipes as taps , I don't have it in 520 and 640 XL but it happened to me in rare occasions in 920. Also I activate many 535 devices and 2 of them has this problem always and the rest of devices are fine without this problem ,I think Microsoft fixed it with update.
    Overall I'm happy about Windows Phone and I get used to live with its limits but I can't imagine myself to live with Android problems :)
    Regards
    Memory is the reason behind loading/resuming. Apps close after being minimized, and to reload, restoring the page you were previously on.

Newer apps do this less, and the Lumia 920 is faster than the 640.
    06-18-2015 04:42 PM
    Memory is the reason behind loading/resuming. Apps close after being minimized, and to reload, restoring the page you were previously on.

Newer apps do this less, and the Lumia 920 is faster than the 640.
    I can attest to this. It never appears on my M8 but appeared a few times a day on my 8X back when I had it.
    06-18-2015 05:49 PM
294 ... 45678 ...