The Dumb things of Windows Phone OS

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Problem is, why are we seeing Resuming when apps are supposed to be tome-stoned in the background?? I can understand you seeing empty black screen on Android which is a pretty heavy OS just like a PC. But why on Windows Phone, which is suppose to be much resource friendly as compared to Android, but we are seeing the Resuming message?? The only reason I can think of is because the apps UI are always being redrawn whenever they are being put to the foreground. Hence it is taking time and displaying the Resuming. The apps are not loading information or whatsoever because I see apps like Messenger refreshes the chats AFTER the Resuming message. What a joke man!
That because apps go into suspended mode once minimized.

Johan____

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
1. Vertical swipes being mistaken as horizontal. Annoying when for example I'm browsing a forum app and suddenly it changes page.

2. You can't for example change the headphones volume if the headphones aren't connected.

3. The fact that they changed the way you move the cursor in text editing. IT WAS SO PERFECT BEFORE.

Deidalos

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
As a Lumia 625 user on 8.1:
1. I miss the old photo gallery from WP8, where there was a big photo of yours in the background
2. It would be cool if we could use a slide bar to change the brightness, because right now it`s limited to Automatic, Low, Medium and High.
3. OneNote needs and update to be more like the desktop app, where you can draw or do more things, kinda like Apple did in IOS9
4. "Resuming"
5. Can't take pictures while filming
6. Can't set another app as the default one (camera, music etc.)
6. The call menu dissapears in the middle of the conversation and takes me to recent calls
7. Music app: I would like to see the albums kinda like I see my photos, 3 in a row, arranged in collums (like iTunes)
8. The ability to manage emails from Yahoo, Gmail etc. like you do in Outlook from Win10 (maybe there will be such thing in Win10 idk)
9. MSN apps need visual updates, they are boring and useless right now (the weather one tho is decent)
10. I cannot set a specific album of pictures to be seen on the live tile, but only All, One or Favorite Photos.
11. I hate it that when I set 4:3 aspect ratio in the Microsoft Camera app (NOT the Lumia one) the image just seems to shrink because it has those black edges everywhere. If you compare it to the Lumia camera one, you will see that the image is smaller and it's frustrating.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
For now the only issues with my WP are....
1.) Shifting cursor while typing is a two-step process. Firstly the word gets highlighted and then tapping again reveals the cursor, unlike android.

2.) Ring + Vibrate.

3.) Double tap to wake is dependent on the IR sensor near ffc. If it does not work, then the double tap also won't work.

4.) Country-wise update rollout. There should have been a simultaneous mass distribution for updates.

And most importantly,
5.) No way to install/sideload unlimited .appx files directly without the need for SD card and without connecting the phone to a PC.

6.) Cannot connect WP to PC as an external storage device.

7.) And other issues as stated by everyone else ;)

Btw, I have no issues with Action centre. It works as it should.

bitshifts

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Cortana - be a personal assistant - Relay messages in the correct tense/context so I can talk to you like a person and you in turn relay the message as if I said it. Example: "Cortana, tell my wife to meet me at 5" -> texts wife "Meet me at 5" :: "Cortana, ask my wife if she wants Pizza or Steak" -> texts wife "Do you want pizza or steak?"

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
1. I miss the old photo gallery from WP8, where there was a big photo of yours in the background
2. It would be cool if we could use a slide bar to change the brightness, because right now it`s limited to Automatic, Low, Medium and High.
3. OneNote needs and update to be more like the desktop app, where you can draw or do more things, kinda like Apple did in IOS9
4. "Resuming"
6. The call menu dissapears in the middle of the conversation and takes me to recent calls
7. Music app: I would like to see the albums kinda like I see my photos, 3 in a row, arranged in collums (like iTunes)
8. The ability to manage emails from Yahoo, Gmail etc. like you do in Outlook from Win10 (maybe there will be such thing in Win10 idk)
9. MSN apps need visual updates, they are boring and useless right now (the weather one tho is decent)
10. I cannot set a specific album of pictures to be seen on the live tile, but only All, One or Favorite Photos.
11. I hate it that when I set 4:3 aspect ratio in the Microsoft Camera app (NOT the Lumia one) the image just seems to shrink because it has those black edges everywhere. If you compare it to the Lumia camera one, you will see that the image is smaller and it's frustrating.
its getting there

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150619_0005.png
    wp_ss_20150619_0005.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 7
  • wp_ss_20150619_0004.png
    wp_ss_20150619_0004.png
    670.8 KB · Views: 7
  • wp_ss_20150619_0003.png
    wp_ss_20150619_0003.png
    498.9 KB · Views: 8
  • wp_ss_20150619_0002.png
    wp_ss_20150619_0002.png
    327.6 KB · Views: 8

TonytheEE

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
4. "Resuming"

Add to this,

-I miss the old Cursor dragging. I can't see where the dang cursor is because my finger is in the way!

-When I start dialing, PLEASE start building names of people I might be dialing. Windows mobile 6 did this. Rap dialer was fine for WP7, but now it got feature heavy and still cant dial from the app.

-When I want to attach something to an email, it is not always a photo. It might be a PDF, or a .doc. Don't tout your phones for business if your features only support frivolity. Just let me attach any file.

MorganRW

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree on the live tiles... and who is the worst offender???? CORTANA! Cortana will tell me a game for one of my favorite teams is "LIVE" but to see the score, I have to click on her and open Cortana to see the score. The whole point of tiles is to get info without opening the app and she goes against that sentiment.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
You know when the system is awesome when the dumb things are really dumb and ridiculous.

Great job MS, now people have to claim about stupid things that all operational system have...

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree on the live tiles... and who is the worst offender???? CORTANA! Cortana will tell me a game for one of my favorite teams is "LIVE" but to see the score, I have to click on her and open Cortana to see the score. The whole point of tiles is to get info without opening the app and she goes against that sentiment.

I have a different view on that..

I don't want to see the scores as I may watch a repeat of a match later. For me its nice to have a "spoiler alert" and not ruin my plans to watch later..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Bilven Parikh

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
There are only few things need to be fixed out in WP OS.
Like :
1. The notifications still comes down even when phone is locked with password. It should not be coming down before unlocking the phone.
2. Picture password like windows PC have. We need that in our phone.
3. As early said by someone vibrate should be continue until last ring.

Thats it.
Thanks.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
There are only few things need to be fixed out in WP OS.
Like :
1. The notifications still comes down even when phone is locked with password. It should not be coming down before unlocking the phone.
2. Picture password like windows PC have. We need that in our phone.
3. As early said by someone vibrate should be continue until last ring.

Thats it.
Thanks.

What, lol.

There are real things that are dragging the OS down, like we can't edit email when forwarding.

What are you saying, no notifications before unlocking the device? So everytime I get a notification I need to unlock? Wow, that's just insane!

Maybe you need yo tell your woman that you have someone on the side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro