The Dumb things of Windows Phone OS

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Also why the the heck won't text that I copy simply stay put in the "clipboard" until I copy something else or power the phone off... I hate when I copy some text and then 5 minutes later there's nothing for me to paste... Like what the heck?!?!

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
There are only few things need to be fixed out in WP OS.
Like :
1. The notifications still comes down even when phone is locked with password. It should not be coming down before unlocking the phone.....

You can hide the notifications from appearing in the action centre when the phone is locked. Go to Settings --> notifications+actions --> Uncheck the first only check box reading "Show notifications in action centre when my phone is locked".

You're done. Now the action centre will only show upto the quick toggles.

You should learn about the OS before raising issues, don't you? :)

prem2530

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
One of the dumb thing with our windowsphone is a file transfer between two devices. Whatever it is like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, it is Not an easy or convenient thing to do.

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Also why the the heck won't text that I copy simply stay put in the "clipboard" until I copy something else or power the phone off... I hate when I copy some text and then 5 minutes later there's nothing for me to paste... Like what the heck?!?!

I guess it's the same thing that happens with apps when you're multitasking. After a few minutes they just reload making multitasking on WP kinda useless.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's another one concerning Mail.
The only attachable file is pictures. I'm typing a mail and want to attach a document, tapping on the attach file button takes you to Photos Hub only.
A work around though (but this is dumb): Go to and open the file/document you want to attach or locate the file using Files/OneDrive (if stored in OneDrive) and from there tap on the share button and select Mail. This is a rather time wasting process and annoying.

New Outlook mail app has file picker, so cheers. Btw, there's an app which can attach multiple files in mail.

File Attacher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
The "resuming" thing is interesting. I actually wish that IE would resume, or at least give me some indication that it is still processing the page. But the only real issue I have with Windows Phone is that email does not automatically save drafts. I've lost a lot of good work this way.

Music app could be better, but I've pretty much figured it out. I still think that the Music app should automatically cache music while playing. I just set up playlists and set those playlists to work offline it is much easier that way. Even better if you do it from music.xbox.com as opposed to the actual app.

This may not be a Windows Phone thing, but I would like music.xbox.com to give me the ability to automatically save playlists offline from there, so I don't have to individually go into each playlist on my phone and set it up. This may be a lot to ask.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
One of the dumb thing with our windowsphone is a file transfer between two devices. Whatever it is like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, it is Not an easy or convenient thing to do.

Really? I was transferring from my lumia 520 to 830 with both connected through bluetooth and all i did was "share" button then picked bluetooth and accepted it on my other phone. That doesn't seem hard.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
No way to change system sounds like Bluetooth alert or camera shutter. Wish there was one :_(

I really hate the sound that alerts me to accept/ignore a Bluetooth file transfer request.

If there's a way then do tell, please.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

I agree, I'd like the clipboard to run and stay in the background. One thing that seems to help is to keep whatever app you cut/copied from running in the background. I'd like to see a copy/cut/paste clipboard that you could open as a 2nd screen that you could place and pull info from.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
multitasking and resume apps ,music, video apps should be better like moliplayer or mx player
and file sharing is only Bluetooth way.because shareit not working with wp's own hotspot ,zapya is available but constant crashing.....large file sharing with bluetooth is pain and time waste . need a faster file sharing. like super beam , flash transfer

Last edited:

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
1. The dialer app does not search for contacts as I type in the number.
2. When a notification comes down while on lock screen, I have to unlock first, before I can tap the notification.
3. The settings page is not organized, but this is obviously improving in 10.
4. The mail and calendar apps are too basic and too ugly.
5. The OS overall is not attractive enough. Should make more use of transparencies for example.
6. The Cortana interface is too plain.
7. Cortana only works if you set your region to U.S.
8. Resuming...

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Actually, you can transfer files using NFC (tap to share). Super simple. Also, with windows phone you can send files to your PC using bluetooth. This is not possible with iPhone.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I can't stand the fact that I can't save certain e-mail attachments to my phone. I can see the image attached to an e-mail. I can even download it to view or share but I can't save it to my phone if it's sent from an e-mail! The same goes for PDFs and MP3s. I don't get it.

It also frustrates me that volume settings 1 to 5 are a subtle change and from 5 to 6 is huge.

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Add to this,
-When I start dialing, PLEASE start building names of people I might be dialing. Windows mobile 6 did this. Rap dialer was fine for WP7, but now it got feature heavy and still cant dial from the app.
I think with Windows 10 Mobile, you can have third party dialers and can call phone numbers without that confirmation screen. They showed this on Build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven