The Dumb things of Windows Phone OS

Srikiran

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
If you read a mail by tapping the mail in the notifications, there is no direct way to access the inbox folder from there. One has to come out and open the mail app to access other mails.
The same is true even for messages (SMS).

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you read a mail by tapping the mail in the notifications, there is no direct way to access the inbox folder from there. One has to come out and open the mail app to access other mails.
The same is true even for messages (SMS).

Agee and we (still) have to wait till W10 before this is fixed.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It does actually lol

It at least all the ones I've had do

920,925,928, & 1520

And how do you do that? I download an m4a album from a torrent using wpTorrent and it doesn't show up on the music app.

EDIT: I found a way to make it play though. On wpTorrent, I move or copy the file to a folder (say Download) on the local file hub. Then using Files app, I move the fike from Download to Music folder and boom! I see it on Music app.*deep sigh*

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
would say that one dumb thing is why cortana needs have my GPS on all the time for do even questions that do not even involves seek things near me, and also another thing is why for get the text messages readed louder need be connected all the time to internet, no clue why also why the ressuming is so long in skype by example in fact i do not like this aspect ressuming

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I would not be surprised if this annoying feature is added because it is required by law. Or to prevent lawsuit in the future from people with hearing problems who did "not know" that loud earphone levels could case hearing problems.
Or a real concern to prevent possible hearing problems of users.

the European laws demands the warning on display or in many cases limit to 90Db of sound pressure through headphones, to me too is annoying but oddly with bluetooth headphones do not get the alert or in car hands free

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
My problem with battery saver is that the remaining time is so funny with it's readings. Like, sometimes when I turn on battery saver, the estimated time remain is far lower than the time I get when battery saver is off. That is, I get more battery time when battery saver is off than when it's on. I thought it was supposed to work the other way round?

or even battery saver does backwards, uses your battery faster than without it, in windows phone 8 could use the option all day long now is a imminent hell when by mistake you still believing that will help to save battery time

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey Great harrie,

Ive tried your suggestion, using that mighty file manager app.

And guess what, after selecting hundred of photos, and tapping that ?move button? it does not display my current albums! Great eh?!

There goes your ?dont put the blame in the os when you dont know blah blah?.

The smart in smartphone has indeed limits.
Not knowing there is an app can happen., Not knowing how to use an app can happen.
Not trying to figure out how an app works can happen.
Ranting about it can happen.
But that still does not make the OS dumb but it's probably not smart enough for you.
http://m.windowscentral.com/hands-on-files-windows-phone-81

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
So it is still dumb for not having the create/move button in the gallery app.

So what? Android's gallery app also does not have that.

Moreover, why would those buttons ever exist in any photo gallery app?! The main purpose of such an app is to bring all your media in a single place. It's not a file manager!

Last edited:

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Er.. what? It's been possible to do that for as long as I can remember.

I don't know whether it's just my smartphone, but in a few albums (i think it was screenshots) I can't share them directly from the gallery. I think he was referring to a similar problem.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't know whether it's just my smartphone, but in a few albums (i think it was screenshots) I can't share them directly from the gallery. I think he was referring to a similar problem.

You are right. Screenshots can't be shared directly from the gallery to Whatsapp.

AbsoluteSith

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Setting a default app.
Like I would like to open links with sufy instead of ie.
I would like to open videos with moliplayer instead of the video player.
I think you should be able to set default app in the settings for different file extensions as we are able to do it on the desktop,

AbsoluteSith

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
1) The Resuming,Loading problem exists in Apps developed in silverlight 8.1 or before. Microsoft did acknowledge there was a problem and gave a fix in the form of "fast resume" this although had to be implement by the developer. Hence it would be partially a developers fault if the resuming, loading took a lot of time.
2)The major reason why WP is so fast and fluid with no lags is because it doesn't allow Apps to run rouge in the background and consume resources. This is the major difference between android and WP. So if WP did multi tasking make sure you're alright with the kind of lag android has.

racolclough

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
For me it's the calendar function. Seriously, no search function and only two weeks past events on the phone. You can't even use the online site as that dosen't have search either.

Do any of the execs at Microsoft actually use their system for buisness? If so I'd love them to explain how, but then I guess they've got PS's they can phone to use a desktop version of Outlook to look things up for them. Not so easy for all though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss