Microsoft Camera app missing, how can I get it back?

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft Camera app missing

So I had to replace my Icon thru vzw. Set up the phone, activated, restored my apps and settings, and updated everything. When going thru my app list to see what didn't reinstall, I noticed that the Camera app (Microsoft Camera) was missing from the "All Apps" list. Now I can still set it as my default and it launches, but the app doesn't show up in the list so that I can pin it. Now I normally use the Lumia Camera app, and have the LCA Beta and LCA Classic also installed, but I do use the stock app for the "burst shots". Anyone know what happened and how to fix it so that it shows back up in the list? And, please, I understand a hard reset is an option, but understand I just spent all day syncing and updating, so if there are any other options id love to hear them.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Camera app missing

No...Blink is still in the list. Just the Camera app. Luckily I had it pinned on a folder on my start screen on my old phone, so that transfered over. But if I ever unpin it, ill be screwed. But like I said...it still in the default listing under settings. Thanx for the reply.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 535 has also no Camera app in list, It is only in notification buttons.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Lumia 535 has also no Camera app in list, It is only in notification buttons.

Yeah, but that's just a short cut to the default. If i have the Lumia Camera set as the default, that does my new good, but it is a good reminder that that particular button is there. Thanx.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, but that's just a short cut to the default. If i have the Lumia Camera set as the default, that does my new good, but it is a good reminder that that particular button is there. Thanx.

You can change it to MS default camera app .
In Win 8 mobile:
Go to settings-> under applications tab, photos+ camera-> then change default camera app to MICROSOFT CAMERA. ENJOY...

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

You can change it to MS default camera app .
In Win 8 mobile:
Go to settings-> under applications tab, photos+ camera-> then change default camera app to MICROSOFT CAMERA. ENJOY...

Yes I know that already, but thanx. The point is to have Lumia Camera as the default and have "Camera" show in the app list. Thanx again.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm going through the same thing on my 1520. I understand your point about wanting Lumia Cam as default for the button and the Msft Cam as a pin-able App.

You just have to reverse your thinking. It's the only way I've found.

n70shan

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but the picture and video quality isn't as good.

no its not true.. microsoft camera is fast and has more usefull features like we can save custom camera settings in it and quality is very nice.. the only thing in which lumia cam is good is control of manual focus and shutter speed but that is helpful on some occasions not every time!

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
no its not true.. microsoft camera is fast and has more usefull features like we can save custom camera settings in it and quality is very nice.. the only thing in which lumia cam is good is control of manual focus and shutter speed but that is helpful on some occasions not every time!

Unfortunately I disagree. The only thing the Microsoft Camera is good for are the burst shots. Otherwise, the pics are grainy and the Lumia Camera has better resolution for pics and vids. That's just a fact. Its in the settings. So for phones like the Icon that have a 22megapixel camera the pics are waaaaaay better with the Lumia app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss