Why am I unable to copy/move photos to my computer?

S_Prashanth

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I have been observing this strange behavior of my phone from two days.

Here is what had happened.

Two days ago, I took some pictures with my Microsoft Lumia 640 XL and was trying to copy those photos to my laptop running Windows 10. I observed that only one photo out of ten photos were copied. While the copy progress bar was progressing, all of a sudden, my laptop got stuck and there was no response. Even the cursor didn't move. The laptop was fine only when I disconnected the USB port connection of the laptop and the phone. I thought it was due to the reason that I connected my phone to the USB 3.0 port for the first time. This was the first time I connected using USB 3.0 port, usually I connect my phone to USB 2.0 port of my laptop.

Thinking this way, I switched the connection to USB 2.0 port. I faced the same issue.

This time I tried to move the photos instead of copying and ended up with the same results using both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports.

Today, I tried to copy and move the photos to my Desktop computer, which is also running Windows 10 just like my laptop and I ended up with the same result as the previous ones.

I am confused if the problem is with my phone or the PCs I am running, since both my laptop and desktop run Windows 10.

S_Prashanth

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
The obvious thing to do.. Try a pc/laptop that isn't running w10?

Thank you. May be the problem isn't with my PCs which are running Windows 10. I am able to copy/move the videos, PDFs from my phone to the PC except the photos. Even in this case, I am able to copy/move a single photo at once. But when I copy/move multiple photos at once, the PC experiences the strange behavior which I mentioned in the first post.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The new builds of w10 should have a better phone companion app, so hold off a bit and check if it improves in the next build. Keep us posted with your findings :)

AbsoluteSith

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I believe I was facing a similar problem. Then I actually narrowed the problem to be one of the image files. While copying it might have been corrupted or so hence it was blocking the rest of the copy operation.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been observing this strange behavior of my phone from two days.

Here is what had happened.

Two days ago, I took some pictures with my Microsoft Lumia 640 XL and was trying to copy those photos to my laptop running Windows 10. I observed that only one photo out of ten photos were copied. While the copy progress bar was progressing, all of a sudden, my laptop got stuck and there was no response. Even the cursor didn't move. The laptop was fine only when I disconnected the USB port connection of the laptop and the phone. I thought it was due to the reason that I connected my phone to the USB 3.0 port for the first time. This was the first time I connected using USB 3.0 port, usually I connect my phone to USB 2.0 port of my laptop.

Thinking this way, I switched the connection to USB 2.0 port. I faced the same issue.

This time I tried to move the photos instead of copying and ended up with the same results using both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports.

Today, I tried to copy and move the photos to my Desktop computer, which is also running Windows 10 just like my laptop and I ended up with the same result as the previous ones.

I am confused if the problem is with my phone or the PCs I am running, since both my laptop and desktop run Windows 10.

Don't copy and paste, drag and drop instead

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. Has this problem been solved in your case? What did you do?

Recently spoke to a person about issues with onedrive, as it turns out he wasn't able to upload all of his files to onedrive due to the drive not recognizing a file name, so absolutesith might be right. In that case you will have to work with each file individually (moving them one at a time or 5 at a time)... This might take a while

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium