How do I transfer apps from my old Lumia to my new Lumia?

Satish Dhondale

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Transfer apps from old Lumia to new Lumia

Hello,

I recently purchased a new Lumia 640 XL. Previously I was using Lumia 630 Dual. I have few apps in it and now I need to migrate all the apps into my new phone. Somehow I missed the phone setup to restore the previous state of the settings.

I have all the apps available in the SD Card but it is not shown on new phone. There are no apps detected, but same SD Card is inserted into old phone all the apps are shown.

How do I transfer the apps from old phone to new phone or from SD Card to new phone?

Regards,
Microsoft User

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Transfer apps from old Lumia to new Lumia

You cant do that.
Apps installed in an SD Card will be read only on the Installed device. i.e here in your case on L630.
If you put the same Card on XL it wont read apps. The space occupied by the apps will be shown in other storage.
You should delete the apps from card and insert it to XL and again install it. No other way.
Otherwise with a new SD Card.

AbsoluteSith

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Transfer apps from old Lumia to new Lumia

I'm afraid you cant do this. The only thing you can probably do is backup your phone and then if you have any images/videos explicitly in your apps you should try exporting them too. Then I would suggest format the SD card and restore the apps with the same account on your new phone. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss