10-14-2015 12:21 PM
58 123
tools
    It was one of the UK female ones... I'm not going back into the settings... Just in case!!
    banjaboo likes this.
    07-01-2015 03:59 PM
    I have tried multiple times with multiple voices however all I have been able to get working is Themed directions without street names. When with Street Names is selected, I get nothing.
    banjaboo likes this.
    07-02-2015 11:10 AM
    After reading this thread I'm confused as to what I can do as a workaround for Waze to have it work on my phone. I've downloaded Simon, whenever I open Waze I get a red message at the top that says "Downloading new prompts 0%". I have no voice prompts. 2014 Outback with Bluetooth. I can turn Bluetooth off and/or try the headphone jack and/or try playing music through Bluetooth.

I like Waze and I figure our time with it is limited since Google will probably pull it. I sent a bug report to Waze and they replied basically that they don't support Windows Phone. Well, you have an app in the store that doesn't work. Either pull the app or fix it I say. Anyway I'd like to get it to work. I'll be going back to MapQuest I suppose since I find Here to be poor.
    07-06-2015 08:08 AM
    Since Google bought Waze, they probably haven't updated the app. It's probably just been sitting like it was. Updates to WP are probably what's causing the issues. Normally, an app would be updated to comply with the updates to the OS.
    07-06-2015 09:02 AM
    Here are two of my observations which might help some people:

1. In my car (Audi A3) Waze audio only works over bluetooth if I am listening to songs on my phone. If I am listening to the radio it will not come through (Here Drive+ does come through when on the radio, however)

2. If I open the app before I start my car and connect the Bluetooth, the audio will always come out of the phone's speaker instead of routing it to Bluetooth.
    07-06-2015 09:14 AM
    I have done a lot of testing and something has changed with the voice file. I cannot get street names announced on any voice or language. Only voice directions without street names works. I contacted Waze support and this was their response:

Dear Wazer,
    Thank you for contacting Waze.

New versions of the Waze app are not currently optimized for the Windows Phone platform, since the vast majority of Waze users are on iOS or Android devices. We are monitoring the Windows Phone install rate and will certainly reconsider if there is significant uptake.

Thanks,
    The Waze Support Team
    nCogNeato likes this.
    07-06-2015 11:22 AM
    I freakin hate Google right now. We used the Waze app on my sons IPhone on a 2795 mile trip and it was so amazing. Then I found out that it was im the Windows Phone store and installed it. It doesn't work worth a $%4%*())! So I looked into it and found out that Google bought it and stopped all development for Windows. It makes me so mad. I wish they could be sued foe monopolistic behavior or something. I hope Microsoft severely cuts into their profits by putting all it's stuff on Android.
    07-06-2015 11:28 AM
    It days that they are monitoring install rates... We should start a campaign for every wp user to install it!! ;)
    07-06-2015 11:40 AM
    Uhm Kind of out of topic but why would I use waze when I got HERE service build in?
    07-06-2015 11:55 AM
    Same question as why should I use gmail when I use Yahoo mail / why should I use open office when I have office / why should I use mac when I have a pc... Personal preference, different features, different ui / different data
    Laura Knotek and Philip Hamm like this.
    07-06-2015 01:42 PM
    Uhm Kind of out of topic but why would I use waze when I got HERE service build in?
    Nothing comes close to the real time data and traffic routing in Waze. Every chunk of truck tire, speed trap and mattress on I95 shows up on there.

HERE never lets me know when a mattress or couch is in the road and doesn't give detailed traffic speed.
    Philip Hamm, tgp, banjaboo and 2 others like this.
    07-06-2015 01:52 PM
    Because Waze gives great directions, alerts for red light cameras, police, etc. and HERE gives horrible directions and doesn't alert anything. Waze is so much better.
    banjaboo likes this.
    07-06-2015 02:37 PM
    Well both service isn't really work on my place since the traffic already broken.
    07-06-2015 04:08 PM
    I freakin hate Google right now. We used the Waze app on my sons IPhone on a 2795 mile trip and it was so amazing. Then I found out that it was im the Windows Phone store and installed it. It doesn't work worth a $%4%*())! So I looked into it and found out that Google bought it and stopped all development for Windows. It makes me so mad. I wish they could be sued foe monopolistic behavior or something. I hope Microsoft severely cuts into their profits by putting all it's stuff on Android.
    I never seen it used on a iPhone, but my use with it on my 1520 has been great. Yeah I don't have street names announced but turn left or turn right is the same thing to me. Using this app, I've learn many different ways to get to and from work, avoiding alot of traffic and dodged many speeding tickets.... I love this app!
    07-08-2015 10:39 AM
    I was using co-pilot for awhile but I really didnt like it so I'm back to Waze using voice directions without street names. I'm hoping they at least build a Win10 app.
    07-08-2015 01:51 PM
    I never seen it used on a iPhone, but my use with it on my 1520 has been great. Yeah I don't have street names announced but turn left or turn right is the same thing to me. Using this app, I've learn many different ways to get to and from work, avoiding alot of traffic and dodged many speeding tickets.... I love this app!
    It's very buggy compared to IOS and Android versions.
    banjaboo likes this.
    07-09-2015 09:21 AM
    Just don't my first trip since I tested at home and I have non street names working. Relief
    07-09-2015 06:24 PM
    If they don't want to support the WP version could they just recompile the android or iOS version in Visual Studio?
    07-10-2015 10:13 AM
    If they don't want to support the WP version could they just recompile the android or iOS version in Visual Studio?
    Theoretically they could, but they won't since it's Google. They do not support Microsoft and Windows. The only reason we have this very old version is that it was ported before Google acquired Waze. And I assume that's why it has so many problems, because it's so old and the OS has moved on.
    07-10-2015 12:25 PM
    Wow, I am glad to find this thread! I used Waze everyday for many years and can't find anything else that even come close to it... so its extremely sad to lose voice prompt. How do you download difference voice on it? I don't see the options like IOS or Android version. Waze is one of the reason I am using my Android as primary device now, but if I can get it to work, I will go back to my Lumia Icon.
    07-12-2015 02:36 AM
    Voices are in settings, but most of us have only managed to get one or two to work after much messing. I won't even go back into my settings house food fear of messing this up!!
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    07-12-2015 03:45 AM
    Voices are in settings, but most of us have only managed to get one or two to work after much messing. I won't even go back into my settings house food fear of messing this up!!
    Exactly! To switch to non-streetnames, which is the only thing that works, go to settings, sound, switch the drop down to themed. Close and restart the app. That should work.
    banjaboo likes this.
    07-13-2015 09:57 AM
    Ah, found the settings under General. I tried Arnold, but it failed to download. So now I am using non-street names. Btw, I am using Waze on windows mobile 10 latest preview version and so far no issue. On mobile 10, Bing maps has built in voice navigation now :)
    banjaboo likes this.
    07-21-2015 11:18 AM
    So I replaced my Lumia 635 with a Blu Win HD LTE and Waze seems to work better on this phone than it did on the previous one (I haven't tried street names). I just completed a long road trip and used Waze for most of my navigation along the way. It also provided alerts for police, hazards, etc. and seemed to work for me reporting these events.

The car I was in (my wife's car) did not have Bluetooth, I think when Waze is in my car that has Bluetooth that it sends all voice navigation to Bluetooth Audio. That means the only way Waze would ever work is if I'm listening to music or a podcast through the phone through Bluetooth. More experimentation needed. I'd love it it someone would write a navigation front-end that hooks into Waze through APIs though I don't know how difficult or complicated that would be. I know there are a few Google Maps front ends available.
    07-23-2015 09:13 AM
    Even without announced streetnames, I can't find another app that updates traffic and routes as effectively as Waze. I just wish they would update it. Even though it's Google, they do make and update other Windows apps.
    banjaboo and Philip Hamm like this.
    07-23-2015 11:23 AM
58 123