Anyone use Waze??

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to use Waze on my 930, but getting no audio. Tried reinstalling and different voices but nothing...anyone else got this issue?? Contacted Waze and they're not interested in WP

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Well blow me down. I think I've discovered the issue... Bluetooth being turned on. Its not connected to anything mind, but turning the Bluetooth off meant that I got some sound from the app... Obviously a crappy port that doesn't fully understand the WP Bluetooth

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just started having audio issues yesterday. I can get voice directions without street names but with street names does not work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no go. The only response I could get from support was that they didnt support the Windows Phone platform any longer. A shame since I still feel its the best app out there that adjust routes based on realtime traffic.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
That's why I want to use it. Nokia drive is great, but doesn't adjust and has no speed cameras, Waze doesn't have current speed limit. If o could combine both, that'd be a win!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So far I like it. There's a learning curve as the interface is different and takes a bit to adjust to from a Waze perspective but I like it. I initially wasnt getting spoken street names but I figured that out quickly.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been having issues with Waze not having voice navigation as well! However, I think there is a solution (see below). Btw, I recently got a new phone so I was perplexed why the Waze app wasn't saying anything on this new device.

Well blow me down. I think I've discovered the issue... Bluetooth being turned on. Its not connected to anything mind, but turning the Bluetooth off meant that I got some sound from the app... Obviously a crappy port that doesn't fully understand the WP Bluetooth

So I think what you mean is that under Settings>Speech>Read aloud incoming text messages.... I changed it to "wired headset only".

There is a bluetooth issue with the app so it is trying to send its voice navigation to bluetooth.

I will test whether the app starts doing voice navigation. So far, it looks like it is working as the beeping indicating navigation has started is working but I'm inside so I will test it when I drive home.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been having issues with Waze not having voice navigation as well! However, I think there is a solution (see below). Btw, I recently got a new phone so I was perplexed why the Waze app wasn't saying anything on this new device.

So I think what you mean is that under Settings>Speech>Read aloud incoming text messages.... I changed it to "wired headset only".

There is a bluetooth issue with the app so it is trying to send its voice navigation to bluetooth.

I will test whether the app starts doing voice navigation. So far, it looks like it is working as the beeping indicating navigation has started is working but I'm inside so I will test it when I drive home.

I didn't touch this seeing, just turned Bluetooth off entirely. BUT, it only worked that once... It's very flakey and haven't managed to get it to do it again, so back to square one.
I might try that setting now tho...

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's flakey. I don't see the 95% voice files at all. The only voice navigation I get is the directions without street names.

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here, no voice... But will try to change the speech settings after work, hopefully it'll work.

Even without voice, I still love the app... It has saved me alot dodging traffic and cops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss