Anyone use Waze??

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here, no voice... But will try to change the speech settings after work, hopefully it'll work.

Even without voice, I still love the app... It has saved me alot dodging traffic and cops.

It didn't work just by changing the settings but last night I uninstalled and reinstalled, went into Waze settings to the navigation guide voice choices downloaded English UK Simon and it downloaded to 100% last night and it worked this morning. However it only works with directions only, it doesn't work with street names. I'll take it! Better than nothing!

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I wish uninstalling worked for me... Tried 3or4 times now... Id be happy with directions only!!

Sorry Vaderag

I'm on a 1520, speech setting set to wired only, not sure if it matters but I got to the navigation guide voice settings from my Waze inbox. I clicked on one of those terminator popups to get Arnolds voice and it had a option to save in inbox. After uninstalling and reinstalling went to my inbox and went that route. Also did this all over Wi-Fi.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
YES! THAT WORKED! I don't know how really as I didn't seem to do anything different to usual, but seems I have voice now... Need to test on a drive which I wont be doing for a while, but seems to be working!!

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
YES! THAT WORKED! I don't know how really as I didn't seem to do anything different to usual, but seems I have voice now... Need to test on a drive which I wont be doing for a while, but seems to be working!!

What voice are you using? I got greedy and tried to get more voices and it didn't work this morning haha. Will have to uninstall and reinstall later tonight. Smh

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have tried multiple times with multiple voices however all I have been able to get working is Themed directions without street names. When with Street Names is selected, I get nothing.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
After reading this thread I'm confused as to what I can do as a workaround for Waze to have it work on my phone. I've downloaded Simon, whenever I open Waze I get a red message at the top that says "Downloading new prompts 0%". I have no voice prompts. 2014 Outback with Bluetooth. I can turn Bluetooth off and/or try the headphone jack and/or try playing music through Bluetooth.

I like Waze and I figure our time with it is limited since Google will probably pull it. I sent a bug report to Waze and they replied basically that they don't support Windows Phone. Well, you have an app in the store that doesn't work. Either pull the app or fix it I say. Anyway I'd like to get it to work. I'll be going back to MapQuest I suppose since I find Here to be poor.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Since Google bought Waze, they probably haven't updated the app. It's probably just been sitting like it was. Updates to WP are probably what's causing the issues. Normally, an app would be updated to comply with the updates to the OS.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Here are two of my observations which might help some people:

1. In my car (Audi A3) Waze audio only works over bluetooth if I am listening to songs on my phone. If I am listening to the radio it will not come through (Here Drive+ does come through when on the radio, however)

2. If I open the app before I start my car and connect the Bluetooth, the audio will always come out of the phone's speaker instead of routing it to Bluetooth.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have done a lot of testing and something has changed with the voice file. I cannot get street names announced on any voice or language. Only voice directions without street names works. I contacted Waze support and this was their response:

Dear Wazer,
Thank you for contacting Waze.

New versions of the Waze app are not currently optimized for the Windows Phone platform, since the vast majority of Waze users are on iOS or Android devices. We are monitoring the Windows Phone install rate and will certainly reconsider if there is significant uptake.

Thanks,
The Waze Support Team

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I freakin hate Google right now. We used the Waze app on my sons IPhone on a 2795 mile trip and it was so amazing. Then I found out that it was im the Windows Phone store and installed it. It doesn't work worth a $%4%*())! So I looked into it and found out that Google bought it and stopped all development for Windows. It makes me so mad. I wish they could be sued foe monopolistic behavior or something. I hope Microsoft severely cuts into their profits by putting all it's stuff on Android.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Same question as why should I use gmail when I use Yahoo mail / why should I use open office when I have office / why should I use mac when I have a pc... Personal preference, different features, different ui / different data

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Uhm Kind of out of topic but why would I use waze when I got HERE service build in?

Nothing comes close to the real time data and traffic routing in Waze. Every chunk of truck tire, speed trap and mattress on I95 shows up on there.

HERE never lets me know when a mattress or couch is in the road and doesn't give detailed traffic speed.

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I freakin hate Google right now. We used the Waze app on my sons IPhone on a 2795 mile trip and it was so amazing. Then I found out that it was im the Windows Phone store and installed it. It doesn't work worth a $%4%*())! So I looked into it and found out that Google bought it and stopped all development for Windows. It makes me so mad. I wish they could be sued foe monopolistic behavior or something. I hope Microsoft severely cuts into their profits by putting all it's stuff on Android.

I never seen it used on a iPhone, but my use with it on my 1520 has been great. Yeah I don't have street names announced but turn left or turn right is the same thing to me. Using this app, I've learn many different ways to get to and from work, avoiding alot of traffic and dodged many speeding tickets.... I love this app!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I was using co-pilot for awhile but I really didnt like it so I'm back to Waze using voice directions without street names. I'm hoping they at least build a Win10 app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786