10-14-2015 12:21 PM
58 123
tools
    I'm trying to use Waze on my 930, but getting no audio. Tried reinstalling and different voices but nothing...anyone else got this issue?? Contacted Waze and they're not interested in WP
    06-25-2015 11:26 AM
    Waze is a Google company so they aren't interested anymore. Seems to work okay on my Lumia 830 though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-25-2015 11:38 AM
    Shame. Seems it would be great if I could get the sound working!
    06-25-2015 11:44 AM
    Well blow me down. I think I've discovered the issue... Bluetooth being turned on. Its not connected to anything mind, but turning the Bluetooth off meant that I got some sound from the app... Obviously a crappy port that doesn't fully understand the WP Bluetooth
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-25-2015 02:18 PM
    I just started having audio issues yesterday. I can get voice directions without street names but with street names does not work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no go. The only response I could get from support was that they didnt support the Windows Phone platform any longer. A shame since I still feel its the best app out there that adjust routes based on realtime traffic.
    06-26-2015 09:03 AM
    That's why I want to use it. Nokia drive is great, but doesn't adjust and has no speed cameras, Waze doesn't have current speed limit. If o could combine both, that'd be a win!
    06-26-2015 10:31 AM
    I just downloaded CoPilot to test
    06-26-2015 10:33 AM
    Let me know how you get on!
    06-26-2015 10:35 AM
    So far I like it. There's a learning curve as the interface is different and takes a bit to adjust to from a Waze perspective but I like it. I initially wasnt getting spoken street names but I figured that out quickly.
    06-27-2015 02:12 PM
    Does it have speed cameras and adjust routes based on traffic?
    06-27-2015 04:27 PM
    Yes but not the free version includes ActiveTraffic however very reasonably priced at $10 year. They offer a 7 day free trial.
    06-27-2015 04:38 PM
    I've been having issues with Waze not having voice navigation as well! However, I think there is a solution (see below). Btw, I recently got a new phone so I was perplexed why the Waze app wasn't saying anything on this new device.

Well blow me down. I think I've discovered the issue... Bluetooth being turned on. Its not connected to anything mind, but turning the Bluetooth off meant that I got some sound from the app... Obviously a crappy port that doesn't fully understand the WP Bluetooth
    So I think what you mean is that under Settings>Speech>Read aloud incoming text messages.... I changed it to "wired headset only".

There is a bluetooth issue with the app so it is trying to send its voice navigation to bluetooth.

I will test whether the app starts doing voice navigation. So far, it looks like it is working as the beeping indicating navigation has started is working but I'm inside so I will test it when I drive home.
    06-27-2015 07:20 PM
    Didnt work for me. Voice file craps out at 95% from what I can tell. Only directions without street names available.
    06-27-2015 07:46 PM
    How do you check the voice files?
    06-27-2015 08:31 PM
    There's no way to check. It's my theory. When I install I get activating voice file and it hangs at 95% then disappears.
    06-28-2015 12:46 AM
    I've been having issues with Waze not having voice navigation as well! However, I think there is a solution (see below). Btw, I recently got a new phone so I was perplexed why the Waze app wasn't saying anything on this new device.

So I think what you mean is that under Settings>Speech>Read aloud incoming text messages.... I changed it to "wired headset only".

There is a bluetooth issue with the app so it is trying to send its voice navigation to bluetooth.

I will test whether the app starts doing voice navigation. So far, it looks like it is working as the beeping indicating navigation has started is working but I'm inside so I will test it when I drive home.
    I didn't touch this seeing, just turned Bluetooth off entirely. BUT, it only worked that once... It's very flakey and haven't managed to get it to do it again, so back to square one.
    I might try that setting now tho...
    06-28-2015 03:54 AM
    Nope, just tested and that made no difference :(
    06-28-2015 03:55 AM
    Yeah, it's flakey. I don't see the 95% voice files at all. The only voice navigation I get is the directions without street names.
    06-28-2015 09:16 AM
    Same here. I only get the 95% message at the top upon first launch after re-install.
    06-28-2015 10:27 AM
    Same thing here, no voice... But will try to change the speech settings after work, hopefully it'll work.

Even without voice, I still love the app... It has saved me alot dodging traffic and cops.
    Philip Hamm likes this.
    06-29-2015 07:19 AM
    Same thing here, no voice... But will try to change the speech settings after work, hopefully it'll work.

Even without voice, I still love the app... It has saved me alot dodging traffic and cops.
    It didn't work just by changing the settings but last night I uninstalled and reinstalled, went into Waze settings to the navigation guide voice choices downloaded English UK Simon and it downloaded to 100% last night and it worked this morning. However it only works with directions only, it doesn't work with street names. I'll take it! Better than nothing!
    06-30-2015 07:03 AM
    I wish uninstalling worked for me... Tried 3or4 times now... Id be happy with directions only!!
    06-30-2015 07:06 AM
    I wish uninstalling worked for me... Tried 3or4 times now... Id be happy with directions only!!
    Sorry Vaderag

I'm on a 1520, speech setting set to wired only, not sure if it matters but I got to the navigation guide voice settings from my Waze inbox. I clicked on one of those terminator popups to get Arnolds voice and it had a option to save in inbox. After uninstalling and reinstalling went to my inbox and went that route. Also did this all over Wi-Fi.
    06-30-2015 07:42 AM
    YES! THAT WORKED! I don't know how really as I didn't seem to do anything different to usual, but seems I have voice now... Need to test on a drive which I wont be doing for a while, but seems to be working!!
    banjaboo likes this.
    06-30-2015 02:44 PM
    YES! THAT WORKED! I don't know how really as I didn't seem to do anything different to usual, but seems I have voice now... Need to test on a drive which I wont be doing for a while, but seems to be working!!
    What voice are you using? I got greedy and tried to get more voices and it didn't work this morning haha. Will have to uninstall and reinstall later tonight. Smh
    07-01-2015 03:27 PM
58 123