Music File Names

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
No matter what I do, music files refuse to be named how I want them, among other issues.
For example, "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits shows up as "Money For Nothing.mp3" when it's supposed to drop the ".mp3" moniker. A couple of other songs aren't capitalized correctly either. Also, "Driven Under" by Seether insists on being under the genre "Hard Rock" when I've deliberately moved all my music to the genre "Music" (for simplicity's sake).
Now, recently I've gone through my extensive music collection and fixed all issues with artist names, music names, album names, genres, and other information in "File Explorer", then did the same in Windows Media Player (as they don't sync up), then backed up my music several times.
How in the WORLD do I get my stupid phone to recognize all of the changes I've made? I've done it both in the file location and Windows Media Player. It's endlessly frustrating as I spent hours going through all my music and making sure everything was absolutely perfect and when I put my SD card into my phone it just ignores all of it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo